FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampires or Lycans?

+9
Eternity
Hope
Aesalon
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tempest
Xiantic
Kaislynn
Shades Of Gray
Fate Flyer
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vampires or Lycans?

Vampires or Lycans? Votele1055%Vampires or Lycans? Voteri10 55% 
[ 12 ]
Vampires or Lycans? Votele1045%Vampires or Lycans? Voteri10 45% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 22

Vampires or Lycans? Empty Vampires or Lycans?

Post by Fate Flyer Sun May 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Just a quick poll! I had to ask. Very Happy Which species do prefer over the other? This is just a general question, not really referring to any fandom (ie. Buffy, Van Helsing, Twilight, Underworld, etc., etc.) or anything specific, just overall.

I really do enjoy both vampires and lycans (or werewolves - whichever you call them by. I refer to them as lycans or lycanthropes typically.). However, lycans take the cake. I just love wolves and animals in general. It's a very similar comparison for me to that of Aliens and Predators. I love both, but I just like Aliens more. I suppose I favor animals (or something similar). I also can't help but think that if a lycan and a vampire were fighting one-on-one, a lycan would come out the victor. But hey, that's just me! Laughing
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Vampires or Lycans? Empty Re: Vampires or Lycans?

Post by Shades Of Gray Sun May 17, 2009 4:16 pm

^_^

I love Lycans... they get my vote. Though, for the case of the villian, I would have voted vampire. I like mine dark and broody, with the taste of gore, flair and simplicity. *Sigh* Oh, the evil immortals, how I can never tire of you!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sun May 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Ok, so I like both Lycans and Vampires. However, the intellectual and moral quandaries of the vampire are limitless and fascinating to me. I love the complexity that can be built around the vampire. Not saying that there can't be complexity around the Lycan, and interestingly enough for myself I prefer the connotative earthiness that goes with Lycans. But really, somehow my answer is always vampires: and Shades they aren't always villains Very Happy and neither are the Lycan's always heroes--that's my complexity complex coming out! I just love those shades of gray :p

though... it just occurs to me that my major vampire character at the moment does happen to be the villain . . . not type-casting! It was the most appealing complex not really villain but villain that presented in Shades' rp outline . . . oh well, I rest my case. I like vampires. It's an instinctual choice.
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun May 17, 2009 5:07 pm

I always view the personalities and intelligences of either species as I do humans: Each human is different. Some are good and well-natured people, while others can be quite the opposite. Additionally, some people can be really ignorant and foolish, while others are intellectual and brilliant.

A new lycan or vampire I wouldn't expect to be wise beyond an ordinary human, but one (of either species) that has lived for hundreds and hundreds of years would possess knowledge that no mortal man could hope to acquire. So, I think in both respects, either vampires or lycans can be smart. Vampires though definitely are often portrayed as more suave and intelligent than lycans are. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 am

Well, I respect and appreciate both, but Fate, you know my vote lies with vampires. And about the one on one fight, I must disagree. If they were both young, you'd be right. But if they were both quite old, I'd have to say it really depends on how smart each one was. A vampire who uses his advantages has every bit as much of a chance as a lycan to win the fight. Lycans are stronger and can take a hit better, but a vampire has the ability to not have to, being lighter on their toes by a good amount.

Also, the air of mystery surrounding vampires is great, and the fact that they can remain hidden among humans at any time makes them that much deadlier.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 19, 2009 2:06 pm

That's actually a really good advantage. I hadn't thought about that! While lycans can roam freely among humans as well, they are never as strong and powerful as a vampire unless they can transform. Vampires, on the other hand, are always powerful. They don't rely on transforming to becoming better. So, if a vampire and a lycan were to get into a bar fight, for example (lol), if the lycan did not want to expose himself, he would have to remain in his human form, while the vampire would beat the hell out of him, and everyone would just assume that that vampire was just a strong human. So, definite plus!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue May 19, 2009 5:26 pm

That's true. But lycans are still exceptionally strong not transformed. Their strength in pure power would probably be relatively closer to a vampire their own age, but the vampire's speed would be so much greater it'd be a massacre.

Transformed, a lycan/vamp fight is a power/speed fight.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Ah, I didn't realize that. Yes, that is pretty true!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Sexiest vampire to date (In my opinion) Armond, played by Antonio Banderaz in, Interview with a Vampire. *Swoons*
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Ah. Interview with a Vampire. If only the same people who made that made Queen of the Damned. They did such a poor job on the latter.

I like Lestat more though. He's quite sadistic in his own way.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Ah, yes, I agree! The best thing that happened from Queen of the Damned was the sound track... the rest was just.... well, not much of anything. And give me a spaniard over a frenchy any day Wink I liked Lestat's dark side... but he whined too much for me. Armond could whine though.... and I'd still be entranced by his pretty hair, pretty eyes... and that voice. Flirt
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Yeah. Lestat whined a ton. The vampires I like to play... resemble a non-whiny Lestat. Original characters, but basically, think of somebody with Lestat's dark side, and Dracula's composure and air of confidence all the time.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 19, 2009 7:51 pm

Sounds like a true bad-ass to me! Very Happy
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue May 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Just ask Fate Very Happy

Actually, I play multiple vampire roles, but my last one, and one she saw, was as described above. An ancient, as you might guess. I generally play middle-aged ones though.. 300-800 years.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 pm

You know... *Ponders* I haven't actually ever played a vampire. I've got a Lycan ^_^ but no leeches Smile
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue May 19, 2009 11:48 pm

I've played both. Quite well. I prefer vampires though. They're so... discreet. And I like discreet.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 19, 2009 11:51 pm

My Lycans are different from most everyone elses. I've created some twists in hopes to keep things interesting Smile I might have to make a vamp sometime though.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Tue May 19, 2009 11:59 pm

I like that ideology. Keep it fresh!
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 am

Yay! Madagascar refrence! ^_^
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Thu May 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Ah, I would go with Vampires!

Their elegance, haughty attitudes and enjoyment of the finer things in life all make for very intriguing beings. Yet at the same time they can be as bestial and feral as the Lycan! I always picture Vampires as Lords and Ladies though, the upper tier of any society!

Their thirst for blood and often carnal pleasures is icing on the proverbial cake.
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Tempest wrote:I always picture Vampires as Lords and Ladies though, the upper tier of any society!

Hehe I sometimes picture them like that too! XD I can see them in some dark, candle-lit mansion in their finest attire, sipping champagne (or blood - whichever! lol).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Thu May 21, 2009 8:52 pm

It makes fine imagery does it not? Smile
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Certainly does. Smile

I admit, I don't picture lycans like that (though, I'm sure they could be). XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu May 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Do I even need to explain myself? Lycans all the way. Vampires may be more elegant and appealing to women, but when push comes to shove a Lycan would be able to take a Vampire one on one any time. So long as they're around the same age and ability that is.

Aside from that, there is an immense amount of brothership and comradery with Lycans. Everything they do, they do for each other. There is never an 'I' when your in the pack, and your never alone. They work together on everything from hunting to defending themselves from a Vampire attack.

To me, Vampires have always been the mainstream choice to me. The recent 'Twilight' phenomenon has only increased that. There are very few portrayals of Lycans in the media and that is where they have their disadvantage. I am a 100% Lycan supporter through and through, and there is nothing anyone can say that would ever sway my loyalty. They don't call me The Wolf for nothing.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 22, 2009 12:01 am

(OMG! Sorry, lol, I just got a little excited when I saw you say 'camaraderie.' [Wow, I spelled that wrong too - my spellcheck saves me again.] XD That's been my favorite word for a couple of days now, haha.)

My lycan friend! Yes, I agree with your first statement.

That is also something extremely appealing about lycans. Like wolves, they have 'packs' and work together under an 'alpha,' or a leader, rather. I really admire that about them, and I think that's something that's really cool.

I'm not a fan of the Twilight series, myself. Not only was I not so impressed with the writing, but the portrayal of vampires (to me) was pretty unrealistic. I'm sorry if anyone here is a fan. I just am not.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 am

I know. To me the series as a whole insulted vampires. It was like a slap in the face to everything they've standed for. Sparkle in the sun? WTF?!

I think it's just a suttle smut novel written for little fangirls to fantasize over.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 22, 2009 12:20 am

XD Lol! Yeah, that bit surprised me. I thought that perhaps, when I first started reading the book (unable to finish it, ultimately), that maybe Stephanie Meyer was on the right track with having these vampires live in Seattle, since it rains a lot there, thus is more cloudy... Therefore, the vampires could be outside more often. No. It really doesn't matter, since the sun not only doesn't ever kill them, but it doesn't ever hurt them either. It just makes them...sparkle. Lol!

I'm afraid I have to agree with you. Laughing
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 am

Haha, I haven't even read the book. Alot of people say I can't bad mouth it without reading it, but thus far I haven't had anyone really say I'm being inacurate. I refuse to read the books.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri May 22, 2009 1:27 am

Oh thank freaking god someone shares my views of Twilight. I read it... it was okay. Life goes on... I don't understand how such a huge hype could come out of that. There are so much better stories of a higher quality that have been overlooked for years... and now there's this teen sensation, that will now forever be the book others will be compared to.

Dark City Nights... I started that story two years ago. Suspect I swear, if I get someone to compare it to Twilight, I'm going to twitch...

Wink
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Fri May 22, 2009 7:45 am

Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth wrote:I know. To me the series as a whole insulted vampires. It was like a slap in the face to everything they've standed for. Sparkle in the sun? WTF?!

I think it's just a suttle smut novel written for little fangirls to fantasize over.

Ah, YES!

Finally I meet someone who is equally as frustrated at this transgression towards all Vampire lore ever!

Not to be callous, but I wouldn't even say Meyer's writing was top notch either!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next