FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Reply Box Location [Fixed] / Avatar Upload Page [Fixed]

+2
Silvan Arrow
Loki
6 posters

Go down

Post Reply Box Location [Fixed] / Avatar Upload Page [Fixed] Empty Post Reply Box Location [Fixed] / Avatar Upload Page [Fixed]

Post by Loki Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Has the list of previous posts been placed before the post box for anybody else? (I'm not too savvy with the precise labels, so I hope my meaning it clear.)

It seems a little backwards to me and a little annoying having to scroll down in order to write a post. I'm not sure if this has already been addressed somewhere, but I haven't come across anything yet. Anyway, would it be possible to switch it back to the way it was?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post Reply Box Location [Fixed] / Avatar Upload Page [Fixed] Empty Re: Post Reply Box Location [Fixed] / Avatar Upload Page [Fixed]

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Yeah, I think that happened with me as well earlier today. It was when I was quoting another post (I think it was one of yours actually, in the Viemera OOC thread), and I got confused when all the previous posts suddenly popped up. Normally I just do "Quick Reply" to everything, so I don't notice the extra posts. Still, I think I would prefer to switch things back as well.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post Reply Box Location [Fixed] / Avatar Upload Page [Fixed] Empty Re: Post Reply Box Location [Fixed] / Avatar Upload Page [Fixed]

Post by Weiss Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Forumotion effed up twice with their new update, it seems. They both placed the Post Reply box at the bottom of the page and somehow managed to completely erase the profile page that allows users to upload avatars. There are topics on Forumotion's help boards for both issues, so hopefully they will be fixed soon.

I've changed your post, Loki, to indicate that the status of both issues will be addressed here.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:43 pm

For the time being, you can change your forum avatar by following the link below:
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Wow, you're really on the ball! Thanks for all the hard work, Weiss!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Awesome, Weiss.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Update: The avatar option has been fixed, so avatars can now be changed through the user profile menu as before. Now, if they'd just fix the Post Reply function to make the entry box appear at the top of the page again, we can all be mostly happy.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Thank you again, Weiss.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 pm

What do you mean by entry box?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:47 pm

The box where you enter things. When you click Post Reply, it shows the most recent posts and then shows the box for you to type your response into below that. The entry box is supposed to be before the recent posts, not after. Forumotion screwed it up while implementing their file attachment system, which isn't going to be activated on this forum, FYI.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Ah, now I know what you mean, and have seen it. I just didn't think about it.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:01 am

Glad to have the avatar thing fixed. Thanks, Weiss.
Julian
Julian
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:58 am

Well, it's the people at Forumotion who are fixing things, not me. I'm just keeping you guys updated as they work on it. Aww
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down