FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 34 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 am

Catwoman. Although, she's more of a villain than a hero. She did straighten out her act for a time in the Batman comics, and she is portrayed as an anti-hero in her own comic books. She has so much darkness, and so much light in her own comic books, I think thats' why I like her.

If you were looking for a classic hero, however, I'd have to go with Captain America. It's a strange choice, seeing as I'm Canadian, but I like that he actually died during the course of the comic books, and that his role was taken over by his sidekick, Bucky. Of course, as comic books go, the original Captain America is reported to have survived, but it's still Bucky that carries on as Captain America.

What's the most original movie twist you've seen?
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 34 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Dreamless Days Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Spoilers ahead.

After.Life's ending. The fact that he was keeping her alive but making her think she was a ghost just so he could satisfy his psychotic needs and bury her alive was actually pretty bone chilling. Especially when at the last second he also kidnaps her boyfriend and begins to perform an autopsy on him while he's still alive. (Yeah, I'm a little disturbed. *crazy laugh*)

What's the scariest thing you've seen/read/heard/etc, in some form of entertainment?
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm caught between two on this one.

I am a fan of psychological horrors, particularly the ones involving delusions of people out to get them, et cetera. Black Swan was really disturbing for me, because she was convinced what she saw was real. To be unable to trust your own senses is the most terrifying thing I could ever think of.

Secondly, and I know people find this funny, but I am scared of Day After Tomorrow. When I first saw it, I couldn't sleep that night. I was too worried about desalination of the Earth's oceans. It turned me into an environmental nut. I know that movies like that are worst-circumstance endings, but if we don't clean up our acts, we'll be suffering as well.

I like this question. I'll copy it for the next person Razz

What's the scariest thing you've seen/read/heard/etc, in some form of entertainment?
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:11 am

I really can't answer this properly as I've never felt fear in any shape or form as a result of media output. Fatal Frame had me a little on edge but being a junkie for all things Japanese I kinda saw every twist and what not coming so the on edge thing didn't last long. Still that is the closest in memory I've ever come to fear because of media.

What is your favourite survival/horror game?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:46 pm

This is my answer, and please don't grill me for it, Resident Evil (REmake). The graphics were top-notch, the atmosphere was chilling, and overall, it was a perfect example of just exactly what a remake should be. I loved every second of it, and would return to play it in a second. Resident Evil is also my favorite survival/horror series. Although many could argue its gone the TPS route.

What is the single most touching piece of literature you have read?

Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:49 pm

His Dark Materials - Phillip Pullman

It is a beautiful trilogy, and the fact that bad media disallowed for the entire series to be made into movies irks me to no end. It's as if PJ made The Fellowship of the Ring and then gave up.

Where is your favorite place to be outside?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Well not so long ago it was out on the road doing my thing ya know. But as of right now with the whole well ya know I have to say the North Shore Mountains of Vancouver, British Columbia. You get quite the view of the city from it's slopes and the trails are simply incredible.

Same Question.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Cliffside on Port Willunga Beach. When the sun is setting it's on of the most beautiful views I've ever seen, and it always makes me feel like this will be my home for life. It's somehow... accepting. You know?

I saw a video game earlier and now can't help myself. Favourite game Genre and why?
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 pm

My favorite game genre is action RPG's. I really enjoy the depth and story characteristic of RPG's, yet I also love me some action. My favorite examples include Mass Effect(series), Demon Souls, Borderlands, and Fallout 3. A close second was simply action/adventure games. Honorable mention include: Uncharted 2, Prince of Persia(series), and Devil May Cry(series).

What is the best RP you have participated in, and why?
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:03 pm

What answer is there for me except for Viemera: Essence of Deceit? It was the first role-play I got into here at FoG, and it's still going strong nearly two years later. I've loved developing my character and watching her grow as the story has progressed, and the character interactions and fight scenes have been phenomenal. I think my writing style has evolved and improved a lot just from this one RP, and I certainly hope to continue RP'ing with my Viemera buddies in the future!

Same question!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 pm

I was part of this RP called Devas Velitatio two years ago. All in all, it lasted around a year and a half before it came to its conclusion. The GM was great, and the story was masterful. The players really shaped the world and there was a ton of unexpected twists. I loved it, and it really improved my writing by being around three other good writers. In addition my character seemed to evolve in front of me, shaped by circumstances and the environment. It was just a great RP all around, and one I will never forget.

What is your favorite RP genre?
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Favorite RP genre is difficult to explain. I do like RPs that are mostly, elementals, witches, things like that in the modern day. Of course, when I take part in the RP I make it a lot more difficult for the others to blend in and not draw attention to themselves. Razz

But most things, I'll be willing to give a shot to. Just not reality, highschool drama type ones.

Have you ever written a character that stuck in your head and never let go? If so, tell me about them if you want!
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Yeah, I have.

His name is Kallo Hyrendt. He's an Archangel of Destiny, one that helps fate continue it's course. He has four bright blue wings that extend beautifully from his back, forever in a soft glow. His hair is blond with crimson tips, it is long enough to reach just in front of his eyes. His eyes themselves are also crimson, and when he stares at you it feels as if he is staring right into your soul, judging you. While his overall age is unknown, his body appears to be roughly 19 - 20.

He has only lived as "Kallo Hyrendt" for the past 20 years. Before then, he did not exist. Kallo was created when a duel between "The Boy With The Crimson Eyes", an old god incarnate, and Frazzle, an angel that had earned the title of "Kallo" (AKA, Savior), resulted in the two killing each other. Their blades began to counteract each other (The two being powerful swords with different abilities) and caused Frazzle and The Boy to be absorbed into a single soul, the entity known as Kallo Hyrendt.

I enjoy RPing with Kallo and he's my most developed character I have ever created, most of what is said above was only discovered recently too, haha. He started out as just an angel, and began to discover much more about his past. Hell, he died, came back and still doesn't know EVERYTHING about the two that he was created from.

Ever go to some kind of convention?
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:42 am

Yeah, I've been to a few, though no huge ones. The last one I went to was C2E2 at Chicago. I'm not much of a convention person unless it's something that I really love (Star Wars or Harry Potter perhaps).

Who is your all-time favorite hero/heroine/main character?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:35 am

Fictional character? Man, lemme see... So many to choose from.
*searches mental rolodex*

AHA!!

Richard!

Richard Rahl, from the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Favorite protagonist. Definitely.

I like him because he's a non-forgetful hero for once. xD Others sometimes forget things until right before it's too late. Razz Also, he's the Seeker of Truth, which, heh, you can probably figure would appeal to me. xD Great thing to identify with or imagine yourself being. Also he basically changes the world single-handedly. So yeah. Awesome. ^_^

Who's your all-time favorite villain/antagonist?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Hm, tough one. I suppose Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus, since not only did I get to read about his early adventures and him growing up and progressing through the years, which was interesting to see, but after he did fall to the dark side, I found myself questioning whether or not what he was doing was actually wrong on more than one occasion. He was a very smart and very realistic guy, and everything that he did was ultimately for the good of the galaxy... He just went by the philosophy that the end justifies the means. I still find him as a character to be one of the most intriguing in the Star Wars universe. Even his love life was always appealing to me to read about.

What is your favorite type of class in a video game to play as (ie. warrior, elementalist/mage, priest/healer, ranged/sniper, rogue/thief, etc.)?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 pm

I always play a warrior in games, I'm a melee fighter through and through.

What is your favorite season of the year?
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 am

Nice. :] That goes quite well with your avatar then.

I enjoy summer quite a bit. I love the warm weather and sun and being able to go swimming and do other summertime activities.

What is something that you are dreading right now?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Wolf Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Well, I know I'm dreading the pit bull next door escaping from its yard Sad . It had almost escaped yesterday...

If you could visit one place in Middle Earth what would it be?
Red_Wolf
Red_Wolf
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Oh that's easy. I would love to visit Rivendell, explore the Last Homely House, and stay up til all hours listening to the elves sing and tell stories.

If you could visit one European country, what would it be and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Germany.
It's where I was born, and apparently I learned to speak German before I did English...

anyway, when I moved to Canada, I can only say the basic German now. Guten tag, Sprechen ze deutch, ve gros bis tu, and my favorite, schize xD

What languages can you speak/want to speak/are learning to speak?
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 pm

I can only speak English, and small bits of Spanish. I would absolutely love to learn both Chinese and Russian (don't ask me which particular dialects... I don't know).

You have one wish. What is it?
(no limitations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Wolf Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:23 pm

I'd probably wish for more wishes Razz .

What book had the most disappointing ending and how would you change it?
Red_Wolf
Red_Wolf
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:18 am

Chain Letter 2: The Ancient Evil - Christopher Pike.

It wasn't JUST the ending I hated, but so much the entire story. In the first book it was about one of a group of seven friends trying to right their wrongs by putting them in dangerous situations using a chain letter system in order to make them confess their sins to the police (They had accidentally killed a man a year beforehand). The second however pretty much says that all the events from the original book were orchestrated by some ancient race of shadow demons things and now the one that started the chain wants to finish it by killing the surviving friends (The boy who did the original chain set up died due to his cancer).

So, the story went from being about a kid wanting to get his friends to do the right thing with no supernatural meanings, into an ancient demon wanting to kill the kids for not confessing. And at the end, the last 3 kids don't seem to give a shit about the fact that three of their closest friends have been killed, and that they are aware of a demonic race that strives on revenge being in the world. They're just all like "Oh well, suppose it's time for college!".

I suppose if I changed it, I would try to work the ending away from supernatural and have it that the girl was PRETENDING to be a demon (The book established there was a cult that worshipped these demons and the girl had been a member of the cult before giving her body to them). And that the cult was behind the murders of their friends or something. And you know, maybe have the kids worried about the ramifications for killing someone so high up in the cult. *shrug*

If you could meet one person you've always wanted to meet for a day, who would it be? (Fictional/Real/Anything)
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

Wow, that leaves me with many options, being that I can choose between both fictional and real. If I had the opportunity to meet anyone at all, it would probably be "John" from the TV mini series Taken. He was an alien gray, and I would want more than anything in the world a chance to meet with and talk to a being from a completely different world than our own. That, to me, would be the most fulfilling.

What is a movie or TV show you have seen recently that you thought you would dislike but ended up enjoying it?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:35 am

I don't know if it counts as recently, but when the first season of LOST came out, I thought it was stupid. Maybe it was the way my sister described it to me. I really did not want to watch it. But then, when I actually sat down to watch it, I was entranced from the first episode.

What movie (based off of a book you thoroughly enjoyed) left you the most disappointed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 am

Oh that's easy. Definitely the movie Eragon. I love the book series, even if it rips off a lot of Star Wars themes, but the movie completely butchered the book. It left out so many key plot details and vital characters, and even when it featured some of the important characters, you didn't even hear their names and wouldn't have known who they were unless you had read the book. Not to mention they completely botched the appearance and personality of Arya, one of the main characters. If I hadn't read the books first, it wouldn't have bothered me as much, but I think pretty much anyone who read and loved the books was sorely disappointed.

What movie (based on a book) have you seen that is most faithful to the book?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Lord of the Rings.

They followed the story extremely closely, and the only thing I noticed was missing was when the hobbits went to see Tom Bombadil.

Have you ever gone to see a band in concert? Who did you see?
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Notebookface Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:26 pm

I recently was at a Greg Hanna and JaneDear Girls concert. When the JaneDear Girls started performing a medley of Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Weezer, and Green Day, I finally figured out how it feels to be in love.

--

Next question: If you could pick any villain--be it from a novel, a play, a video game, a comic book, whatever--to be your arch-nemesis, who would it be and why?
Notebookface
Notebookface
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Wolf Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 pm

I would have to go with Dark Helmet from Space Balls because I could easily defeat him Razz . In addition to that he's freaken hilarious! "Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star. (Lone Starr: 'What?') I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate. (Lone Starr: 'What's that make us?') Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become." - Dark Helmet

On the same note as Space Balls, what is your favorite parody? (song, book, movie, etc.)
Red_Wolf
Red_Wolf
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next