FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy role-play inspired by Kalon's avatar creations

+7
Kalon Ordona II
Guilty Carrion
Sighlent
Gunneh
Gadreille
Bird of Hermes
Kathryn Lacey
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fantasy role-play inspired by Kalon's avatar creations - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy role-play inspired by Kalon's avatar creations

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Yeah. I don't actually care if it is this way or not, but I was thinking that if we do go with that international library thing, maybe it could have a portal in like... a super sub basement level or something. It seems fitting if there's to be a library in the middle of things on the material world, but it's not necessary. It was just a thought.

Another thought was that maybe there would be a tome or something hidden away in said library that told of the portals, their locations, and the planes to which they lead. It's possible that some of the planes may simply either be considered myth or almost completely unknown to the general public.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Fantasy role-play inspired by Kalon's avatar creations - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy role-play inspired by Kalon's avatar creations

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 pm

I'd be glad to throw my lot in with you guys. I usually don't like huge RPs though and we have a crapton of people already. My portrait's done I'm just waiting on the avvy/sig set

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Kathryn, all of these ideas are great. I can't wait until Silv gets home to get the OOC and character sheets up!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Yay! At first, I had like... zero ideas, but the more we talk and the more I think, the more ideas come to mind that I share. I love collaborations.

I'm interested to see what other ideas Silvone may have when he returns. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 pm

I am already thinking up a little back story for the Plane of Air. It's nothing too big, but I think that is where my character will be from.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:28 am

Wow. I love you guys! xDD
OK, here's where I am on all this.

I don't want a major part of the construction of the world or anything. I might help, but I'd sooner have equal or less influence as anyone else. I'm currently playing host for no less than three major role-plays, so taking a leading role in another one would just be too much, and the portraits would never get done. This way, you all can have fun making it without my interference, and who knows what'll come out! xD

My suggestion is that you all keep going with what you're doing. Take all the characters, and figure out a world that fits them all into it.

Now, while I'd rather not take a leading role, I do have something else in mind. ^^ I'll standardize the character sizes so that they're all relatively proportional in height relative to one another, and I'll give them matching backgrounds for putting in each of our character profiles.

In addition, I plan to create awesome-looking mini-avatars with the character name and title, with fancy effects and stuff, for all the participating characters, which will go at the beginning of all our posts. xD Sort of like a reverse signature.

If that's okay with everybody, then I'll leave the creation of the setting to you guys, and you can leave the creation of the images to me. xD (of course any of you can help with images and suggestions too).

Sound like a plan? xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:37 am

A wonderful plan, dear Kalon. Silvone is headmaster of this excursion and if he would just quit his job we could get this going sooner (JUST KIDDING DON'T QUIT MAMA NEEDS NEW SHOES!)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:41 am

That sounds spectacular, Kalon. I've never actually participated in a role play with a reverse signature, but I can really see that working because of how large this role play will likely be. I had intended to place the portrait you'll make for me in my character archive, but having a nice background to it will be even better.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work, Kalon, for inspiring and for creating awesomeness. ^^_^^

Ryona, you make me laugh. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 am

Wow...so much to catch up on. First of all, you are all awesome (though none more so that Kalon himself, for creating these wonderful portraits which spawned this surprisingly popular idea).

Now, I'm going to go straight to what caught my attention the most: the portals to the different planes. And you can all thank Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time) for this idea, if you like it, since it is derived from his books.
The portals can be ancient, hidden relics of some older time. Only a few people know where they are at (including Kathryn's character, as she has access to the knowledge), and even fewer know how to use them.
That would keep the use of the portals low, perhaps only for critical points in the story. But perhaps characters who hail from a different plane, such as Bird of Hermes and Raptorman can already know how to use them, but are perhaps the only ones or one of few from their planes that know how to.
The portals that come to mind, since they are in the aforementioned books, are just stone pillars, about the height of an average man, covered in engravings. But they can be whatever; it isn't set in stone(edit: ignore the pun). That is just an idea I have to offer.

Next...I do agree with having one world (including planes). It will certainly make things easier. The world will, of course, be created on a first come, first serve basis: that means, the players who start in this world and put up their character sheets first will make the foundations of the world. Players who join up later will have to work off of what we have now. So...go wild! You have the power to make whatever awesomesauce country or city or general landscape that you desire. However, keep in mind that it will border the land of your neighbors...Collaboration really is a must.
But collaboration doesn't really have to happen until your initial ideas are out. Then we can start cutting and pasting the landscape together, finding out what fits where and everything.

@ Kalon: The reverse signature idea is great. I think it will help a lot with how many people are already showing interest.
And, as far as you not participating in the world-building process, that is fine. No one is expected to. It is an optional thing, though all the help we can get will only make it better. I do think, however, that unless you are sharing your worldspace with someone else, you should at least make whatever part of the world you hail from.

I will start working on the OOC and character sheets now.

Edit: The OOC is up: The World-Builder Project
Please help me come up with a fitting name...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:49 am

I will hopefully have my character sheet up later today. If not, definitely tomorrow.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Ah still needs mah avvy dun!

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Man, I am so late. But just thought I would post here to let you all know that I am definitely in. I'll try to get started on my character sheet soon!
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Awesome! I was wondering when you were going to show up Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:53 pm

hahahah I was wondering that myself. Silvone, have you sent PM's or anything to other people who have had portraits done for them, or are you going to wait and allow them to find this game on their own?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 pm

I'll let them find it if they choose to. There is enough activity for this to be easily noticed, also, I didn't want to make this role play seem limited to only those who have portraits. Anyone can join at any time, and have their portrait made later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 pm

That makes sense. Good call.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 am

I'd like to try my hand at something like this. I haven't written a single thing since I got home from training, and dammit I'm tired of being idle!
Being true to my regular style, I would like to introduce some sort of mercenary group or something similar to the RP. I would like for them to have their own province like the others, but likely something smaller that trades skill for money or trade goods. I cannot write too much since I am at drill right now, but when they dismiss me I will have a chance to hash out more on my computer.
Thanks for reading! Aww
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 am

Great DeadEye! We've already started an OOC called "The World Builder Project". Most of the important information is in the first few posts, so don't worry about reading all 4 pages.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 am

Alright, time to kick some writer's block ass. My phone served me well today during my 8 RELENTLESS hours of vehicle operation class (gotta get my Humvee license in March) with a handy note-taking app I downloaded. Anyway, I'm off to make the sheet now!
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 am

Room for just one more? Wink
Caleb
Caleb
Mist
Mist

Male

http://calebnaquin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 am

There is always room for more Smile I don't have a maximum limit. Just make sure and request a character from Kalon, here at Kalon's Portrait Studio, since they are what this role-play is based on.

Basically, the characters are used as our avatars (see mine) and the reflect either parts of you, or your favorite character(s). You can specify however you want it, but you should check out all of his examples so you know what the limitations are and what he has to work with.

As far as the OOC thread, here at The World-Builder Project, you can mostly skip the six or so pages (whatever it is at right now). All of the relevant information is kept in the first few info posts. At least...I try to keep it updated. I'm not at home very often lately.
You'll find the character sheet there, as well as the map where you can claim your world-space.

Hope to see your character and avatar soon! And welcome to the World-Builder Project!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 am

Already put in a request for a portrait. I'll get to work on that character sheet right away. Thanks!
Caleb
Caleb
Mist
Mist

Male

http://calebnaquin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Dude, how did I miss this?? Welcome to the world-builder project Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:11 pm

I'd love to join if you guys still have any room at all.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2