FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I hate going to the Doctor...

4 posters

Go down

Why I hate going to the Doctor... Empty Why I hate going to the Doctor...

Post by Sighlent Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 am

So, I went to the Doctor yesterday to just get a yearly exam (as I haven't had one in almost 2 years because my medical insurance ran up when I turned 18) and evidently I'm not as healthy as I should be. As far as everything physically could go I'm fine but when it comes to other things I'm not. For instance my blood pressure is 196 over 90 (I think that's what she said the second number was). I was otherwise astonished to hear the 196 part and kinda zoned out. For those who don't know any better typical blood pressure is approximately 120 over 80 so yeah. What was so bad about that is she took it 3 different times over the course of my visit and it never changed.

And now today, I'm back up again not so bright eyed and bushy tailed because I'm really not a morning person, to go to my second of 3 more doctors visits spanned throughout the month. Today includes getting stuck with needles and some more looking into my blood pressure as well as some other things cause evidently waking up in the middle of the night with your lips tingling is NOT a good thing.

Everyone before was always asking why I hated doctors or why I was so scared of going to see one and this is why! Because ever since I was baby every time I went, I either ended up getting hospitalized or stuck on so more drugs than any one human being should intake. So yay doctors for not proving me wrong! Yay...

-Sarcasm-
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Why I hate going to the Doctor... Empty Re: Why I hate going to the Doctor...

Post by Sighlent Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:08 pm

So went today and donated a gallon of blood to the Researchers of America! Ok so it wasn't that much blood, only 8 tubes worth, but I now officially feel like a lab rat. It really sucked because I wasn't aloud to eat or drink anything save for water 12 hours before so about the time I went to donate I was really worn and starving like there was no tomorrow. I was tired because I had to get up fairly early after a restless night of hardly any sleep and take Jimmy to the eye doctor. And that seemed to take FOREVER. Seriously I looked like crap and it seemed like everyone was noticing. My nurse kept asking me if I was feeling alright cause she said it looked like I was going to faint, and that's odd because giving blood doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because I guess I'm pale or something.

But anyway, gave the blood and I'll find out Friday or Monday if I'm ticking right or not. Basically it was just samples for cholesterol and thyroids and hormones and a bunch of other crap that by the time I asked I wasn't really paying attention. This actually really has elevated my stress level through the roof because I know that heart conditions and such run through my family. My grandfather was 23 when he had his first heartattack! And I'm not that far from that. Next thing I know I'm going to be finding out that I'm anemic or diabetic or whatever. And it really doesn't help that I'm already emotionally strung out because Jimmy leaves in two weeks. I'm really NOT looking forward to being alone for five months.

But after the blood work they took my blood pressure again and it was different in each arm. I actually thought the nurse was crazy for a minute because when they took my blood they drew it from the crease of my elbow and she took my gauze wrappings off to listen to my pulse and it started bleeding again. I actually started laughing because she was like 'Whaoh!" My readings however weren't as bad as the other day but still particularly high. In my right arm it was 173 over 90 and in my left it was 160 over 88. They're still worried as to why it is still high but there is really nothing they can do just yet until my next two check-ins.

Afterwards our GPS got us lost on the way to McDonald's so I said fuck the arches and went to Wendy's because by this time my stomach was beginning to gnaw on my other innards which is not a pleasant feeling as I'm sure you all know lol. The end. Lol.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:04 am

Hope everything turns out ok for you Sigh! I know what it's like to have a family history like that.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:56 am

Aww. I have another friend who has issues like that that worry her. She had joint pains for a while, and they couldn't figure out what the issue was. Her grandma has rheumatoid arthritis which runs through her family, so she was terrified that that was the cause. However, she lucked out with a simple Vitamin B deficiency.

Hopefully, whatever issues your body is going through will be attributed to something simple that's easily remedied. :: hugs :: Hang in there.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:47 am

Also, try not to stress too much. Stress is what causes disease. Get lots of laughter and good organic food. Nod Hopefully you won't have to take any pills or anything. (blech!)

And hugs. Hugs are great. Get lots of 'em. Here' a couple for ya. Hug Hug

And don't forget about your enthusiastic support group over here! cheers
We're all quick to the assist, even if all we can do is come up with a Joke of the Day. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down