FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

+4
Reffy
Loki
Kathryn Lacey
Fate Flyer
8 posters

Go down

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Empty Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Happy-thanksgiving

Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday and remember all that there is to be thankful for! Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Empty Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Happy thanksgiving Fate Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Snack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm curious to know what all of you are going to be doing?

Are there some of you who don't even celebrate it? I know it's an American holiday, and not everyone on FoG lives in the U.S. Is there some equivalent to Thanksgiving for those in other countries?

For Thanksgiving, I have to work from 9am to 3pm, but after that, I get to come home to Cornish hens and a small selection of other foods such as sweet potatoes, a relish tray, and pie. I love pie. My grandma bought apple for me, pecan for her, and razzleberry for both of us. We decided not to have turkey because we eat so much of it all the time, and it just the two of us, so there's really no reason to buy a whole bird that size. Cornish hens are small and personal-sized. I've never eaten one, but I hear they're tasty. She's stuffing them with stuffing from a box, but she's adding fresh mushrooms to it. Yum!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:50 pm

Happy Turkey Day, now eat up! If you are still conscious after dinner, then you didn't do it right.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:46 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVINGS!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Wc_pecanpie

In order of doing:
I am getting a lay in tomorrow for as long as possible.
Then I am going to spend an hour in the shower beautifying myself and getting some relaxation on (I may even light some incense)
Then baking dark chocolate muffins and topping with chocolate fudge icing and sprinkles (Making Sugar-Free-Jello tonight for diabetic friend so he doesn't miss out)
Then on to my friends. She is making honey-ham. It is going to be positively "nommy"! She is a Texan and knows how to cook like no other human being on this planet!
Then probably alcohol and DvDs. We have "Bruno" rented - which is apparently funny. Should go down well.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:33 am

That's too bad you have to work today, Kathryn, but afterward it sounds like you'll be having a really nice, quiet Thanksgiving with good food that you'll enjoy. Smile

Shocked Wow, Reffy! You're getting a lay in for as long as possible? Sounds like a super Thanksgiving for you... Wink LOL You meant sleep in, right?? Mmm, but that all sounds really good and lots of fun!

Today, I woke up really early, since Tony/Axiom and I have to drive three and a half hours back home. We're spending Thanksgiving with his family (and then Christmas with mine), and we need to be at his mom's house by noon. So, we're getting ready and packing and such this morning and then staying back home with our families until tomorrow. I'm not really sure what all we're doing besides eating lunch and spending time with the family, but I think tomorrow we'll be eating out with my family some place, since they wanted to get to spend some time with me.

I'm looking forward to hugging my kitty again. Very Happy <3
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 pm

TURKEY IN THE FOG
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! N1593142397_30128317_9056

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!!
cheers cheers cheers

It's just my immediate family this Thanksgiving, but that doesn't mean it's a small event. I have a lot of siblings, and we're each making one ore more things IN ADDITION TO the main courses! xD

Two of my sisters and I are taking Medieval recipes from an old cookbook from the library where I work, called Þe Bors Hede Boke of Cookry. xD
friture (almond fritters), tredure (basically chicken soup), and possibly something with dragone's blod. They used a lot of saffron back then....

Also, one of my other sisters will probably be taking pictures like crazy, so I'll see if I can share some later on. Cool Oops, there's my cue now. Have to go make fritures Þat hatte almundes. Laughing

Happy Turkey Day!!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Mine hasn't started out like it was supposed to, but I hope the rest of you have a happy Turkey Day.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:
Shocked Wow, Reffy! You're getting a lay in for as long as possible? Sounds like a super Thanksgiving for you... Wink LOL You meant sleep in, right?? Mmm, but that all sounds really good and lots of fun!

Haha, yep. To stay in bed asleep or watching cartoons for as long as possible. Managed to sleep until 9.30am and stayed there til around 11.00am watching Tom and Jerry cartoons - I even had cereal in bed Very Happy Not a bad sleep-in since I'm normally up at 8.00am every day.

Hubby made the green-bean-casserole and garlic-mashed-spuds last night. Cupcakes are baking now - super dark chocolate to be topped with fudge chocolate and star sprinkles. Jello (dark cherry - sugar free - flavor) has set and is very yummy - I couldn't resist trying it so made some extra in a glass.

Things are going pretty smoothly, although we did have to visit the shops again today Sad forgot the eggs for the cupcakes (d'oh!)

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:19 pm

a frítur Þat hatte emeles

Nym sucre salt & alemauns & bred - & grind am togedre & soÞÞen do of ayren - & soÞÞen nim grece oÞur botere oÞur oyle - and soÞÞen nim a dihs & smeore heom - & soÞÞen hym bliue & cose wiÞ sucre drue - & Þis beoÞ Þin cyueles in leynten ase in oÞur time ~

"Take sugar, salt, almonds, and bread and grind them together, and then add eggs; then take grease, butter, or oil and grease a dish, and cook them quickly and sprinkle with dry sugar: and these are your almond cakes during lent as in other times."

In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons brown sugar, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Mix in 1 beaten egg. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes or so to allow breadcrumbs to absorb egg. In a medium frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Form almond mixture into patties and fry in butter, turning once, until golden. Place on serving plate and sprinkle with white sugar. Makes 10.

We doubled the recipe and made 14. I don't think we did them quite right, because they're all soft. I think we had the heat too high, so they cooked too fast, and the eggs didn't quite cook all the way. But they're still pretty good, and we'll definitely do these again sometime.

I'll let you all know how well they're received later this evening. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Ugh... Feet... hurt... Stupid work. I'm so glad I don't have to work until the afternoon tomorrow, and even then, it's only four and a half hours.

Anyway, I was going to give a better menu for what we're soon going to eat.

1. Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
2. Deviled Eggs
3. Green Bean Almondene(sp?)
4. Relish Tray ((Black Olives, Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Mushrooms))
5. Sweet Potatoes ((made sweeter with Brown Sugar))
6. Stuffing ((with Mushrooms))
7. Cornish Hen

It's nummy!

After we eat, we're going to watch My Sister's Keeper. At some point, Misery's going to call me, so it'll be a nice Thanksgiving over all.

It sounds like the rest of you ((for the most part)) are going to have/have had pretty nice turkey days, too. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:39 pm

They're making the rice and potatoes, and I think they just finished with the yucky stuffing. (I've never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever liked stuffing.)

We're about to make the tredure (chicken broth with eggs and breadcrumbs and seasoning). But first we're playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl with the music off. We're playing the Lord of the Rings soundtrack instead. It's awesome! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Reffy wrote:
Hubby made the green-bean-casserole and garlic-mashed-spuds last night.

I freakin' love green-bean-casserole!!!!!!!!!! And I'm not getting any this year... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Quick! Fetch green-beans from the store and cook 'em up! Very Happy

Even better, make them tomorrow, to go with all the leftovers! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 am

Darn, looks like I'm late...again.

Oh well.

For me, it was just my mom, sister, and me. Just a quiet little Thanksgiving, same as last year in that it was like a normal day. 'Course, we still had Turkey and all that good stuff...

At 12 PM Neutral Kind of odd if you ask me.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 am

I'll list all our food tomorrow. *yawn* I'm too full and tired to stay up any more. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 am

Because cooking is one of the few skills I openly boast over, I feel obligated to post in this thread. I didn't cook anything special. I didn't make anything with a fancy name or exotic ingredients, but what I did do was to cook an entire Thanksgiving meal for ten people nearly by myself.

Admittedly, without my little brother peeling the potatoes for me, I would have been hard-pressed to finish the mashed potatoes in time, but since he was willing to lend a hand, we pulled it off. My youngest brother helped out, too, by taking care of menial tasks with my supervision. That counts for something, I'm sure.

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, baked macaroni and cheese, green beans, rolls and choice-of apple or cherry pie - topped with whipped creme - for desert. As I stated in the complaints thread already, I wish I had taken a picture of everything laid out on the table. It looked perfect. I can honestly say that I was proud of myself as I looked down over the battlefield upon which one of the world's goriest and most abhorrent wars would take place moments after.

Not really. Everything went off more or less without a hitch. For the first time in so long, I felt like I was related to everyone else sitting at that table. It was worth staying up all night to slow roast the turkey to perfection. It was worth all the planning. It was worth talking my grandfather into joining us for the holiday. It was worth putting up with the twins. I have no complaints about this Thanksgiving holiday.

So, I hope everyone else had an equally enjoyable Thanksgiving and will, like me, get to enjoy the delicious leftovers in the following days.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down