FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What other message boards are you active at?

+5
Reffy
Kalon Ordona II
Squall Reyes
ACK!
Fate Flyer
9 posters

Go down

What other message boards are you active at? Empty What other message boards are you active at?

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Where all your little "homes" are across the world wide web? Smile

FOG, obviously, is my main home in regards to message boards, but I'm also active on...
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What other message boards are you active at? Empty Re: What other message boards are you active at?

Post by ACK! Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:21 am

Then I just lurk here a lot and post when I see I need to.

I've always had a hard time keeping up with forums (and other websites in general). I have like five sites I frequent, and trying to squeeze anymore in is really tough. I started trying to find other sites this year so I could take off some stress of being on S*T all the time. It's working pretty well. Smile
ACK!
ACK!
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.surreality-rp.com

Back to top Go down

What other message boards are you active at? Empty Re: What other message boards are you active at?

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:14 am

Haha nice! I love your description for your purpose on Stella. XD

Ah, yeah, I think having at least one other place to frequent can be good for you, since you can join places that center around things that you love or are interested in and discuss those things with other people that like them.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I don't go anywhere else, really. I have my own forum for writing on proboards, called Spikeworks, but it was really only frequented by Ryona and I and our two friends. But since they are no longer really our friends, the site kind of died (and I stopped writing so much). Ryona and I still did some of our one-on-one's there, such as our Dragon Mage trilogy and some others less successful. But since joining FOG, we haven't really been back.

Edit: Oh...I forgot to mention a short time span at Gaia Online. Didn't last very long. And I would NEVER go back.

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:50 pm

I was apart and still have my name up in the Roleplaying Guild. But I hardly ever go to that site anymore, reading the post tend to make me hate humanity. That's never a good thing. Sad
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm still active on Gaia. Must be over 2 years now... maybe almost 3.

Also the Zelda Fortress. It's this tiny site that I can never leave. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:42 pm

ZOMGSRSLY.com - Its a friends site. Mostly inappropriate humor and procrastinating. I usually sit in there when writing things, for the company. The people chatting are also like walking-thesaurus!
(There are 4 of these Chatters doing the NaNo with us. You're all welcome to come natter but be warned ... its silly.)

awritersrecluse.proboards.com - AWR! My main writing board (FOG is my main RPing board) They have fun monthly assignments and good humor. Also pretty good for reviewing any writing or reading what other Authors are up too.
(There are about 3 of these Writers joining the NaNo with us.)

Help.com - The place I met my hubby. Still part of it. This is the site I Moderate for. Its a brilliant place to find a great community and help with any subject, but there is also a lot of trolls and bad posts to deal with.
(Haven't asked them to do NaNo. Because I Mod there its kinda difficult to make a connection because you have to be so damned neutral.)

A few others are Facebook(FB), TMBO(this-might-be-offensive) and currently http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Hm...

In all honesty, since FoG was created, I've foresaken the other sites. I never really had an Internet home until FoG was created.

That being said, I'll just list the sites on which I played before FoG with links to my accounts.

MySpace - Began 2005. I mostly just used it for keeping in touch, blogging, and pictures. Now I use it for pictures only with a hint of keeping in touch.

Surreal*Twilight - Began 2007. This was the closest thing I had to a haven before FoG was created. I was only semi-active here, and I would take months away at a time. I mostly played in the role play sections because I wasn't very interested in the OoC. It took me a couple

Facebook - Began 2007. I hate Facebook, but a lot of my friends have chosen to delete their MySpace accounts in favor of Facebook, so I got one to keep in touch with them.

GaiaOnline - Began 2007. I started this because I liked the idea of dressing up my Avatar. Right now, my Avatar sucks... Oh well. Anyway, I also used to role play on this site until I realized that most people suck there. I am grateful to this site because it's how I met Jonathan- a diamond in the rough of role playing. Now I just use it to play with my avatar.

Roliana - Began 2009. I actually started this after FoG when one of our members mentioned the place. I'm only active during their events. The role players are stupid and uncreative there, but during the events I've met some interesting people in the event forums. I also like to join their event contests. I like dressing up the avatar. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:15 am

Aww, it's really touching to see that some of you just use FOG now. That's sweet and makes everything well worth it. Smile

Lol, Silvone! I hate to judge, but from what I observed of Gaia, it seems like a lot of wannabe emo and scene kids (or, at least, those are the types of images they always seem to use for their characters and in their signatures), and most of them apparently enjoy posting short, one-liners when it comes to role-plays. I have managed to find some really good role-players there, but not a single one in any of the forums; I found a few in the different groups (I forgot what they're called) to invite. It just seems really rare.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 pm

It is really rare, Fate. As I said, Jonathan was a diamond in the rough, and by the time I found him, he was already giving up on Gaia, but I managed to coerce him into role playing with me. I am extremely happy that I did that. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Follow Stion's path through RPing!

I started at Taleworlds.com, which was mostly idiots (including me, at the time) and M&B-based RPs.

From there I joined a thoroughly dead RP site; I forgot the name.

After that site died I went back to Taleworlds for a week, and went to another site that died quickly.

I took a break, and found RPGFO. I stayed there for a year, then joined RPG forums, which is not to be confused with gentle and loving RPGFO.

A week in RPG brought the name FOG up, so here I am! Such a twisty-turny path, but it harbored good results. Very Happy
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 6billionghosts Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:35 pm

This site is the first one I've found (aside from Livejournal) that I really feel a part of and continually interested in.

I used to be in some video game emulation communities in the early 2000's, but those were on IRC. I did MOO's and MUCK's and all that sort of thing. I'm an adult now, though, so I don't really have the time or energy to do real-time online things.

And I think I like this better.
6billionghosts
6billionghosts
Mist
Mist

Male

http://betrayedzine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zovo Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Primarily "A Writer's Recluse" as well as a limited presence on the "World of Warcraft Community Forums" (all of them).

Though my first real home on the internet would be "Psychodog Studios" a modding forum for Morrowind; also known as the people who brought you the Better Bodies series of mods. But other than the occasional new clothing mesh, those forums are largely unpopulated these days.
Zovo
Zovo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down