FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kalon's Portrait Studio

+32
Silvan Arrow
Chainlinc3
Crazy Hobo
The_End
quakernuts
Fluesopp
Buzzwulf
Attie
Blackrock
Shadow Moonseye
Spectre
Cypher
Marionette
HawktheThird
Dax
IRLGoat
Loki
Guilty Carrion
Kathryn Lacey
ImmortalSin
[Soma]
Bird of Hermes
Gabe
Eternity
Hello Danger
Sighlent
Gadreille
Digital Muse
Weiss
Gunneh
Stion Gyas
Kalon Ordona II
36 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Empty Re: Kalon's Portrait Studio

Post by Axiom Awaits Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Whoa, I was just about to make a proper-width image, but Axiom beat me to it--his techy way. What was your solution, Axiom? Very Happy
I just cropped it and sized it in Photoshop, then uploaded it. Nothing too fancy Smile
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Kalon, I will help you with Viemera when you decide to work on it, if you and they want me to. I'm just not as good at making custom pieces so I didn't want to jump in alone >.<

And thank you for taking care of the resize, Axiom Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Ryona, if you want and if you have time, we could collaborate on all of them to make it something extra special. Very Happy
You could put together basics, and then I could add the details like accessories and faces and fine tuning the pixels.
I'm better at altering and improving than I am at coming up with stuff from scratch, but you seem to be pretty good at that. Like the one we did for Spectre; that was awesome. Very Happy

So, I dunno, does that sound like a good idea? I'm up for it if you are. We can work on it gradually.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Yea, but the players need to post short descriptions of their characters here. It will save me from having to go through the thread and figure it all out for myself. Also, it helps if the players do as Artorius did, and look through the sprites. For me, that is the hardest part, for I have to click on each individual one over and over again, I never memorize them.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Good idea.

Hear that, Viemerans? Now Is The Time! Very Happy
Let's gather them all here. ^_^

( I'll go tell them in their OOC. :> )
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks. And sorry if I seem lazy, it's just easier to make them more quickly and more like what the requesters are looking for when they help. Smile If I said I'd just do it all, I know I would get overwhelmed and not complete it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Okay, here's my description for Eri!

FE10 sprite: Lucia (Long Hair)

On the website where it has all the options for the eyes and mouth, I like the mouth on the top right and the eyes on top as well. The hair should be dark brown, almost black, and only come down to just past her shoulders instead of all the way down her back. Like I mentioned in my post in the OOC, I really want her to have both eyes instead of hair covering one of them. If that’s too difficult with this sprite, I can try to find another one. The eyes should be jade green, basically the same color as the gemstone.

Regarding the outfit, the white parts of the tunic and sleeves should be forest green (see the color swatch here). Eri doesn’t wear any jewelry, so if you can remove the necklace, that would be great. If not, just make the little gemstone forest green to match the tunic. The light blue trim should be changed to gray, and the dark blue trim and the two brown leather straps on the top and bottom should be black. The dark blue square underneath the bottom leather strap should also be gray. Finally, the little light blue strap next to the dark blue square and the red part above the sleeve should be black.

FE9 Sprite: Lucia

The directions for the face and hair are the same; the eyes and mouth for her facial expression are fine. The re-coloring for the white and blue parts of the tunic and sleeves are the same. The red parts of the undershirt and the red belt should be changed to black.

For either sprite: Eri has a couple of signature accessories, but if they're too much trouble, it's not a big deal. She keeps one of Arashi's white feathers tucked behind one ear and also has a black leather belt around her waist, in the same place as the belt in the FE9 sprite. It would probably look out of place on the FE10 sprite, though, given the details already present in that outfit. If you end up using the FE9 sprite, then you can just play with the belt already present on the sprite and make it look less cloth-like. Otherwise I can just write that the belt was destroyed in her last fight. The only other detail is that she's left-handed, so her sword is strapped against her right hip instead of the left. I have absolutely no idea how or if it's possible to add something like that. If that's too difficult, you can just leave that detail out of the FE10 sprite or just leave the sword on the FE9 sprite in its current location. Just change the sword belt to gray, the hilt to silver, and the pommel to forest green.

Thank you so much for doing these portraits, Kalon and Ryona!

Last edited by SilvanArrow on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:02 am

Howdy, Plague here with the big man, Tal!

So, I'm hoping it be possible to make a Largo Sprite from FE9, into an appropriate Tal. The big major edit would mostly be his beard/hair. A nice thick wild one like Caineghis would be perfect. The colour should be a dusty black, although I'm not overly picky on exact shade. He'll also need a nice old headband for his noggin, grey if you'd be so kind. His eyes are easy, Ivory!

The rest is easy re-colouring! A nice grey for the cape, elbow pads and glove/wrist thingy. Annnndd...yeah. I actually think that's it. Thanks for doing this!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 am

T'yang:
FE9 - Petrine with smoothed hair (remove the bangs)
upper left-most facial expression.
clothes: Soren: Under tunic should be white with the gold trim the same.The 'hood' looking thing should be red where it's dark and dark orange where it's light gray.

FE10 = use same two characters. with the same colors.
capelet colors: yellow, orange and dark red.

Raewyn:
FE9 - Mia (row 4, left face) with Ilyana's hair (light brown and brown eyes) no head band
FE9 Ilyana's clothes: pale blue with orange trim on cloak. Dk blue for turtle neck underneath

FE10 = Ilyana works for both face, and clothes.
light brown hair with brown eyes. Remove head band
Clothes: pale blue under dress, dark blue cloak with orange trim.

Other possibilities?
I see Ike or Rhys for Loki
Boyd or Ike (older version) for Jake
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:21 am

Awesome info so far!
I guess the plan is for Ryona to do the quick mock-ups or whatever professional term we want to pick. xD She'll put them together either minimally or as far as she'd like to go, and then I'll add the details and polish--things like faces and smoothing things out and taking care of outlines and stray pixels.

Edit your posts if you'd like to add further details on, say, the face. I can also make accessories from scratch, so feel free to come up with any bracelets, medallions, or whatever. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Yes, that I will. Keep in mind that it is going to take a while to get all of them done, and as this is Silvone's only day off, I won't be starting today Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:48 pm

No worries at all! You and Kalon are being super awesome by agreeing to do all of these, so take as much time as you need and by all means spend time with the hubby! I feel a little guilty putting so much detail into my portrait description, but I figure it might make it easier for you two if you're not doing a whole lot of guesswork going off a vague description. And I certainly don't mind waiting if some of the other characters are easier to knock out first.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm trying to make one a day, and as it is, this took me a couple of hours to complete.

Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Eri

Kalon, this is what is left for you to accomplish:

I really want her to have both eyes instead of hair covering one of them.

Eri has a couple of signature accessories, but if they're too much trouble, it's not a big deal. She keeps one of Arashi's white feathers tucked behind one ear and also has a black leather belt around her waist, in the same place as the belt in the FE9 sprite. It would probably look out of place on the FE10 sprite, though, given the details already present in that outfit. If you end up using the FE9 sprite, then you can just play with the belt already present on the sprite and make it look less cloth-like. Otherwise I can just write that the belt was destroyed in her last fight. The only other detail is that she's left-handed, so her sword is strapped against her right hip instead of the left. I have absolutely no idea how or if it's possible to add something like that. If that's too difficult, you can just leave that detail out of the FE10 sprite or just leave the sword on the FE9 sprite in its current location. Just change the sword belt to gray, the hilt to silver, and the pommel to forest green.

Silvan, if there are any issues apart from what I am asking Kalon to fix, let me know.

Edit:

Digi, you have two characters? Just making sure I understand the request correctly.
And we are still waiting for Loki and Quaker descriptions, right? Anyone else?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Yes I do, Ryona. T'yang who uses Petrine and Raewyn who uses Ilyana from FE10 or Mia/Ilyana from FE9
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Raewyn was not too difficult:

Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Raewyn
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Here they are. Very Happy
Eri was great fun. ^^ It helped that she was left-handed, so that I could just put the sword over there. Worked out well.
I didn't have to do much with Raewyn, just some fine-tuning of the pixels around the eyes and the cloak's trim.

Ta-daa! cheers

Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Portraitsviemerawithryo Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Portraitsviemerawithryo

Question, though. Is that the right color for Raewyn's hair? Should I make it a touch less red? Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:20 am

You're right Ryona she is fairly simple. Her one piece of jewelry had been stolen.

Kalon: Yes, her hair should be more brown than red and make the small hair ties green or something contrasting? Otherwise I quite like her innocent look. There's really no way to capture her 'spoiled brat' persona in a picture. lols
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:03 am

O.O

*pause*

O.O

*still speechless*

O.O

*cough* Ahem...

THAT'S FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!! Bow 2

Oh my goodness, HOW in the world were you able to make the belt and sword from scratch like that?! And the coloring! And the hair! And the...awesomeness! Thank you, thank you, and thank you again, Kalon and Ryona!

Now that I've gone and freaked out over how much I love it, can I make one teensy request? Embarassed Can I see how her hair looks a touch darker (i.e., more black)? It's almost like she has a hint of red in her hair at the moment. Otherwise, everything else is spot-on amazing.

Now, were we all going to have a similar background behind the portraits as a unifying aspect for the Viemera crew? I seem to remember we had mentioned it in the OOC thread. I'm perfectly content to wait until that happens before using her as my avatar.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:04 am

Ok Kalon, I know I'm late to this thing. Life calls on ze phone says "We should hang out!" and next thing I know I'm too tired to order pizza over the phone and pass out for a day. Anywho, moving on.

Alright, this might be subject to change since I'm experimenting right now, but with some help, I got something nailed down.

I think if we use Greil's body, with a few changes. The shoulder pad goes, along with the cape and gloves. The undershirt I need coloured red, and the overcoat coloured a solid black. If you could also add the head of a double bladed axe on his back, optional of course, that would be awesome.

For the head, I would appreciated it if you could transplant Ike's head on top. Need to get rid of the bandana, give him brown hair and blue eyes. For the facial expression, if you could give him something like the first face in this pile of facial expressons, that would be awesome.

Other than that, I don't think I have anything else to add or subtract...for the moment anyways. Let me know if something can't be done, too hard, etc. You guys are doing this as a favour, and for that I'm completely grateful for this.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by quakernuts on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:05 am

I didn't make the belts from scratch, but I did modify them heavily. ^^
The sword belt is from FE9 Lucia, and the other belt is from FE10 Makalov. xD

Anyway, here we go.

Before:
Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Portraitsviemerawithryo Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Portraitsviemerawithryo

After:
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:35 am

That is spot-on perfect, Kalon! Thanks so much! cheers
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Welcome. I will probably not be getting another one done until Tuesday, but Kalon, if you decide you want to do one I won't be offended Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Yes. Raewyn's hair is just right too, Thanks
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:41 am

Success! Go Ryona! Go me! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Ryona, I'll do Quakernuts's. Making the base might get complicated.

Stay tuned! Smile

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Thank you. I started Plagues but it isn't turning out very good. Might pass on it and go straight to Digi's.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 am

Quaker, is this going in the right direction? Smile
My other solution didn't work as well as I thought, but at least it helped fill in the gaps from the shoulder pad and cloak.

Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Portra10

Obviously this is the rough planning. I'll find better belts and fix the coat and fine-tune everything.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 pm

It's looking really good so far Kalon, I only have a couple of small requests.

I was wondering if we could get him with either a smirk or cocky smile on him. (I know I suggestd the face, but looking on it now, I think a smirk or cocky smile would look better.)

Also, could you make the axe head a bit bigger? Not two hander big, but close to that size if you could please.

Thanks Kalon!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Plaguewalker wrote:Howdy, Plague here with the big man, Tal!

So, I'm hoping it be possible to make a Largo Sprite from FE9, into an appropriate Tal. The big major edit would mostly be his beard/hair. A nice thick wild one like Caineghis would be perfect. The colour should be a dusty black, although I'm not overly picky on exact shade. He'll also need a nice old headband for his noggin, grey if you'd be so kind. His eyes are easy, Ivory!

The rest is easy re-colouring! A nice grey for the cape, elbow pads and glove/wrist thingy. Annnndd...yeah. I actually think that's it. Thanks for doing this!

Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Tal-1

Ok, so if you aren't liking it, I completely understand. I tried the beard a few different ways, but this came out the best. If you don't like it, I can remove what I've done (beside the recoloring) and let Kalon have at it. I also didn't understand what you meant by ivory eyes. Are the pupils ivory, or is the entire eye white?

Digital Muse wrote:T'yang:
FE9 - Petrine with smoothed hair (remove the bangs)
upper left-most facial expression.
clothes: Soren: Under tunic should be white with the gold trim the same.The 'hood' looking thing should be red where it's dark and dark orange where it's light gray.

FE10 = use same two characters. with the same colors.
capelet colors: yellow, orange and dark red.

Digi, I've been working on T'yang using the FE9 versions of the character. I have successfully put Petrine's head onto Soren's body, but I have a few questions.

Kalon's Portrait Studio - Page 22 Hx0osj

Does the hair remain green?

Petrine didn't have faces to choose from, so I'm not sure what expression you were wanting.

You want the under tunic white with the gold trim. What color should the sash be (it is currently light blue?)

You want the capelet orange and red, correct? Do you want that design to remain on there?

Does the book stay? If so, should it have a title written on it?

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:05 pm

OOOOH Nice! The expression is fine. Her hair is black as she is Oriental.

The under tunic (which is dark blue now should be white. The sash can be the light blue just for contrast. And yes, the capelet should be red in the main part, orange where it's lighter and with yellow or gold as trim

The book should go. Her weapons are shadows or large steel-edged war fans. But if those are too tough to include I don't mind. She is a martial artist and not a combat-heavy fighter.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next