FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kanye West: A Royal *&^% Up!

+3
Gadreille
Fate Flyer
Weiss
7 posters

Go down

Kanye West: A Royal *&^% Up! Empty Kanye West: A Royal *&^% Up!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Well has anyone heard the news yet? More than likely so, but I thought I'd get your opinions on it.

Kanye West made an unbelievable outburst last night at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMA). You can find a brief glimpse of what happened here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/arts/music/15arts-MUSICIANSSLA_BRF.html

I was listening to several talk shows on the radio this morning and several callers were absolutely pissed off with Kanye. One caller asked "Can I make a request?"

DJ: "Yeah sure, pal!"

Caller: "Anything but Kanye!"

So the DJ put on Katy Perry. xD

Even talk show hosts were slamming him. One caller said she and her husband were in attendance last night and actually got to sit above the stars. She noted that Kanye walked in drinking a bottle of alcohol... and actually drinking it, not just a few tosses here and there (reported on KISS FM's Kid Kraddick in the Morning show.

So, who here still likes (or still dislikes for that matter) Kanye West after this recent fuck up? Razz

Last edited by DJ Agenda on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Kanye West: A Royal *&^% Up! Empty Re: Kanye West: A Royal *&^% Up!

Post by Weiss Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Just figured I'd point out that your link leads to the New Topic creation form.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 pm

..... o_O

Haha! Whoops! That was supposed to be an NYTimes article. xD I'll edit it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 pm

I heard about this on the radio today. I meant to watch the music awards last night too, but I completely forgot! I really wanted to see Muse's performance (I checked it out on YouTube when I got home. A-MAZING!).

Anyway, Kanye is an embarrassment. He really does "got a big ego" and he should be ashamed of himself. He humiliated Beyonce, Jay-Z and anyone else that affiliates with him, IMO. That poor Taylor Swift too, she didn't know what to think. It was like she was in shock.

Being from the Chicago area and working with people from the city that like Hip-Hop, I was really shocked to hear them talk down about Kanye. From what I've heard, there's a big lack of respect for him or his music.

Last edited by onenitedrive on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 pm

OMG, yeah, I saw that. What an ass. That's really all I have to say. That poor, poor girl.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:32 pm

onenitedrive wrote:I heard about this on the radio today. I meant to watch the music awards last night too, but I completely forgot! I really wanted to see Muse's performance (I checked it out on YouTube when I got home. A-MAZING!).

Muse? *puppy dog eyes* Link to the video, please?

As for Kanye...I don't know much about any of these pop stars, rap stars, whatever you call them...but I saw a clip of what he did, and I just wondered...what made him believe he had the right to go up there and do that?

We need some more songs about r-e-s-p-e-c-t (Find out what it means to me!)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 pm

If he were a dinosaur, he'd be Suckasaurus Rex.

But Beyoncé is a class act and squared it. And these outbursts happen on these shows, largely when the person in question is an egomaniac. Zach de la Rocha of RATM did it years ago too.

West has pulled stunts of this sort before, not quite in this fashion. But he's outspoken...and a douchebag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Here you go Ryona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDEPjPDJ4LU

It might get removed due to copyright claims as others have, but I hope it doesn't. More people need to know about the spectacle that is MUSE! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 pm

-dies-
I want need their new album!!!! Is it out yet??
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:13 pm

It comes out tomorrow Smile
From what I've heard of it, it sounds a bit different from their older stuff. Still as awesome as ever though.
30 sec clips of each song

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm sure I'll love it. I think I will wait and listen to the cd rather than the clips. I'm very picky about 'song flow' lol. I like to listen start to finish.

Somewhat on topic, in terms of weird things at the VMA's:
Kanye West: A Royal *&^% Up! Lady-gaga-2009-mtv-vmas
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Ah, yeah I can understand that. I came across the clips when I was trying to find other songs on the album awhile back.

Trying to get back on topic myself, Kanye was just on Jay Leno's new show. He seems to be very sorry for what he did. I'm pretty sure he was drunk at the VMA's last night and clearly wasn't thinking. He seems like he is still trying to find himself and is dealing with being in the spotlight, but not winning the awards.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:26 pm

There isn't a band that I listen to that will ever be at that thing, so I never watch it. I find the entire thing amusing though...an arrogant douchebag of a 'musician' making an ass out of himself.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:We need some more songs about r-e-s-p-e-c-t (Find out what it means to me!)

Comin' right up! Session 4 tomorrow! XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:49 pm

I can only hope cameras are rolling when karma comes around and bites him in the behind.

I hate people like him. All he does is sing and dance, yet he thinks he's entitled to everything.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Like Paris Hilton!

Oh wait.... she doesn't do anything at all.... >_>

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Actually... from all I've seen... shes not the worst.... Now, celebrity, she should not be. She does nothing, and isn't good at any of it. She has done stuff like perfume and clothes before though, so... I'd say she beats Kanye
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 am

I think the worst celebrity out there is Amy Winehouse's ex-husband.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:02 am

Let us be realistic. There are a hell of a lot of bad celebrities out there, some just a little worse than others. Sadly, a lot of young people these days idolize these pathetic people.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:15 am

Yep... unfortunately.....

People need to learn that the people they see in movies are just as human, and usually more flawed than them.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm

But...but Edward Cullen SPARKLES!!!!

Nah, I'm kidding. I heard about what Kanye did(I think, WJJQ or one of those was talking about it). One of the hosts of the radio said that a lot of people idolize people like Kanye and such, that they shouldn't act like that at all. I have to agree with them and add: Kanye is a jackass.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mur Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Heh, as one of the few people in America who still like Kanye West, I do have to admit how badly he "fucked up". I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift, at all and I still felt mildly bad for her. She looked crushed, and Beyonce had to be embarrassed beyond belief.

Kanye is one of those horribly blunt people on our simply "lovely" planet Earth, and I wouldn't say he did anything to deliberately hurt anyone. I think the way he sees it is that his opinion was so important to him, he felt the entire VMA audience across the country needed to hear it spoken aloud.

Personally, I thought it was totally in character for him, and found it slightly hilarious that he did what he did. My big brother and I had a good long laugh for a while and rewound the TV so we could watch it a few more times and eventually, we were stable enough to actually let some other feelings besides amusement in.

Beyonce did handle it by the end of the night, and Taylor got to finish her speech. I gained buckets full of respect for Beyonce by the end of the VMAs because she handled it like a lady, a professional, and a genuine friend. Plus, I also found a new favorite music artist in Lady Gaga for that freaking BEAUTIFUL performance of hers.

Anyhow, I hold nothing against Kanye because it was totally expected for him to make a complete douche out of himself. He is what he is, and it was bound to happen someday. Believe it or not, there are still some fans of his, like me, and he probably won't be quiting show business any time soon just because he hurt Taylor Swift's feelings. I'm neutral in this "battle", and finds sadistic humor in both sides, really.
Go VMAs? O.o
Mur
Mur
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down