Post One Random Fact About You!

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Kalon Ordona II on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Oh wow! I hardly ever get nosebleeds either, and if I do it's barely at all. I wonder why some people get them easily while others don't.... Hmm

Fact!
I have never had a cavity, despite not brushing my teeth nearly enough to satisfy a dentist. I don't even floss. Shocked I'm almost 21 and I've never ever had a cavity. Shocked
Maybe it's my bubbly personality. cheers

Whoa, I just realized.

I've never even been to a dentist! affraid
avatar
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Join date : 2009-06-30
Male

Posts : 5602
Age : 29
Location : near Seattle, Washington


http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Seer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:10 pm

You are one lucky bastard lol.

Fact:

I have a twin brother. We used to fool our teachers all the time until we got in trouble in middle school.
avatar
Seer
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Join date : 2009-07-31
Male

Posts : 435
Age : 28
Location : The forgotten past.


http://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Kalon Ordona II on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:32 pm

These are so much fun! cheers

Fact!
I have seven sisters. (none are twins, none are step-siblings)

(Fortunately, my older brother and I are the oldest.)
avatar
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Join date : 2009-06-30
Male

Posts : 5602
Age : 29
Location : near Seattle, Washington


http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by ACK! on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:10 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I've spent over 10 years playing Final Fantasy VII. As the milestone of such wasted effort, two of the characters, Cloud and Barrett, are both level 50 in the very first reactor, at the beginning of the game. Both materia you start out with have been mastered. Anyone who has ever played the game will recognize the insane amount of hours I put into that... I honestly put in some full 8 hour days, running back and forth for random battles to get experience. That is the life a young boy has living in the secluded mountains Smile

Haha that's awesome. I pretty much stopped talking to FFVII when my master file got erased. I had three of every master materia, minus the summon, where I only had two. Ugh. I was so pissed.

But I do the same thing with FFVIII. I keep seeing how high I can get Squall at the end of the first disk. I think the last time was level 60. D: But in all fairness that's way easier than FFVII, because in VIII the monsters level up with you. EEEEEK.

And yeah, that's my fact.
avatar
ACK!
Mist
Mist

Join date : 2009-08-06
Female

Posts : 68
Age : 30
Location : Providence, RI


http://www.surreality-rp.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:04 pm

I am completely, absolutely, more-than-is-healthy obsessed with maps.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Digital Muse on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:32 pm

I am completely, absolutely, more-than-is-healthy obsessed with maps.

I don't think that's a bad thing...unless you're spending thousands on old, rare one or something. And that's only bad if you don't happen to have millions to piss away.

FACT:
I've been around the world around the Equator and over the Poles.
avatar
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Join date : 2009-08-12
Female

Posts : 1381
Location : South Dakota


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Kalon Ordona II on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I am completely, absolutely, more-than-is-healthy obsessed with maps.
High Five

@ Digital: that's awesome! What's it like over the poles? Very Happy
Probably very, very white, eh? I imagine?

Fact!
A defining movie in my love of fantasy was Merlin and the Dragons.
I rooted for the Red dragon. cheers
avatar
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Join date : 2009-06-30
Male

Posts : 5602
Age : 29
Location : near Seattle, Washington


http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Eternity on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Fact:

I am a hypochondriac. Not a severe or bad one. Just enough so that the world thinks it's funny.
avatar
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Join date : 2009-05-25
Female

Posts : 3144
Age : 25
Location : SoBo, VA


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Weiss on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:21 am

@Eternity: Aha, you would hate me, then. I was raised on the words, "Walk it off!" When I encounter people who are seemingly trying to exaggerate their pain or simply conjure some from the depths of nothingness, I either take up a stand of apathy or sarcastically address their issue while hoping I can annoy or otherwise inconvenience them.

I'll actually use this information to bridge into my Fact! below.

@Muse: That's actually pretty cool. If it was land travel, then it'd be much cooler, since I personally feel that flying over something in an airplane takes away from the ability to appreciate what things are really like. Granted, it would be as cold as...well, the arctic, but at least it would be beautiful and exciting. More than what it was like, though, I'd be interested in knowing why you've traveled along those lines. Not to prod for personal information, but I was wondering if it might be for some kind of research or anything of that variety. Please excuse my unhealthy level of curiosity.

@Silvone: So, when you say you're obsessed, how do you mean? I've always liked maps, myself, greatly preferring older maps to the colorful and overly complicated newer ones, but I can't say it's at an obsessed level. Do you collect them, or do you just enjoy looking at them? When I was younger, I used to sit and look through a huge atlas that my grandfather bought me for hours; more because I've always loved "seeing the world" than because of my like for maps, though.

So, other than the fact that I'm a curious person and that I like seeing the world (through this or that method), here is today's...

Fact!
I have an intense dislike for doctors and medical facilities! This is actually a point of irony, since I'm currently training to be a Medical Transcriptionist. As opposed to the olden days when a doctor actually needed to be dedicated to his patients, these days it's simply a matter of looking for telltale signs of this or that and handing out prescriptions for medicines that the doctor never has to personally see, much less touch, much less make himself. I simply feel that doctors should be quickly replaced by autonomous machines, since their job requires neither dedication nor even a great amount of thought, anymore. I personally don't think they're worth their pay in this day and age. </cynic>
avatar
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-08-02
Male

Posts : 798
Age : 31
Location : Delaware, United States


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:33 am

Weiss wrote:
@Silvone: So, when you say you're obsessed, how do you mean? I've always liked maps, myself, greatly preferring older maps to the colorful and overly complicated newer ones, but I can't say it's at an obsessed level. Do you collect them, or do you just enjoy looking at them? When I was younger, I used to sit and look through a huge atlas that my grandfather bought me for hours; more because I've always loved "seeing the world" than because of my like for maps, though.

I can sit and stare at a map for hours at a time, memorizing everything about them: every river, every mountain range, every forest or field. I memorize their names and how they all fit together. I can picture in my head traveling through an area simply by looking at the maps. When I am using an area I've never been to in actuality, I like to use the maps (different kinds of maps showing topography, politics, climate, demographics, etc,) to fill in for what I lack in experience. I like looking at maps to get a feel for politics throughout the world, throughout all time. I like having a sense of what areas of land belonged to whom, when.

And it is just so much more fun and easier for me to learn and memorize by having a map at hand than by reading a book about it. And, there is the fact that they simply look awesome, and are really fun to make. Typically, I won't pick up and read a fantasy book that doesn't have a map unless I already know it is going to be worth my time. I tend to refer to the map every couple of pages, if it comes with one.

Maps, simply put, are the best way for me to understand a world, real or fake. And they teach history so artistically.

Fact: I hope for complete non-existence following my timely death. Life is harrowing enough. No need to drag it on any longer with some form of after action review or x year re-spawning time.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Kalon Ordona II on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 am

I don't think that's cynical, Weiss. The Healthcare Industry has a monopoly. They don't allow natural cures anymore. I don't doubt that hospitals are becoming run more and more by corporations. Corporations have a legal obligation to increase profits. This means more drugs and surgery. Horror stories abound.
(Maybe I don't think it's cynical because I'M a cynic too? Shocked )

Anyway, I agree: healthcare in America is upside-down. Doctors should be making rounds keeping people healthy, not waiting for people to get sick and then charging them for drugs and surgery.

One thing hospitals are BRILLIANT at, however, is treating wounds and serious injury. In that department, there's no better place to be. Just don't let them tell you that regularly ingesting poison will make you healthy. The body is naturally well, not naturally sick.

And, in fact, I think the "Walk it off!" bit has a lot of merit. Humans are built to walk, and walking encourages efficiency of our systems and the removal of toxins.

Okay I'd better stop now. Razz
Fact!
I've cried more than once over the loss of a video game save file.
Burly man tears, though. (Thank you, Animal Crossing, for that hilarious quote) Laughing And I was younger than 13 at the time, so I'm fine. Razz

I believe one of the erased save files had something to do with Crash Bandicoot.
I don't remember the other one.
In fact, now that I think about it, the Crash Bandicoot one happened twice.

Oh yeah, and I guess the other fact is I also play Animal Crossing. You should see the interior design of my upstairs and basement! xD


Also:
Silvone wrote:Typically, I won't pick up and read a fantasy book that doesn't have a map unless I already know it is going to be worth my time.
I do the same thing. First thing I do: check to see if there's a map! High Five
avatar
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Join date : 2009-06-30
Male

Posts : 5602
Age : 29
Location : near Seattle, Washington


http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Hello Danger on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Fact!

I've been on tour before with a band as a roadie.
avatar
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-07-05
Male

Posts : 819
Age : 31
Location : in fair Verona.


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Sighlent on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 pm

I wish I could do something cool like that! I love music so I would probably fit right in if I did, however my life would never take me that direction.

Fact!
I can be very afraid of the dark. Sometimes I even freak myself out by thinking that something's there when it's not. This fact is why I tend to stay up all night and sleep all day.
avatar
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Join date : 2009-05-29
Female

Posts : 1391
Age : 28
Location : Home away from home, Virginia


http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Hello Danger on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Trust me Jen, being on tour isn't what its all cracked up to be. I wasn't touring with a big band. We were seven smelly dudes in a busted ass van! Laughing Minded it was a lot of fun and I have a lot of great stories to tell it was still rough! Not for the faint of heart! Razz However, my opinion is if you ever have a chance to do it, do it!

Fact!


I played high school football and was defensive captain for my team. I'm also pretty sure I was the only player to ever play the game with gauges and a lip ring, but that may not be a fact. Razz
avatar
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-07-05
Male

Posts : 819
Age : 31
Location : in fair Verona.


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:41 pm

I dunno, I can see a football player doing the gauges thing. I got mine done and I use Body Art Forms for my jewelry needs; my lobes turned out to be kinda sensitive, so I had to go out and grab some good high-grade surgical steel and titanium jewelry. Then I just started custom ordering.

Anyway...

FACT!: I got to meet Nelson Mandela while in college; this was 2002 or so when he came to UMD for a speech at a forum sponsored by Anwar Sadat's widow. I also saw Henry Kissinger, Jimmy Carter and Kofi Annan speak due to the same forum/award, but I actually got to meet Mandela, which was much better than meeting the others.

Incidentally, this is the ultimate name drop when someone talks about meeting famous people. My father's met George Bush and Bill Clinton, but I topped all of that with Mandela.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Gadreille on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:23 pm

That is so cool Heyseuss!

It reminds me...

Fact:
When I was very young, Jonathan Davis used to be my babysitter. To bad his band sucks...
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Sighlent on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:29 pm

My sister ever heard you say that she would murder you in the most inhumane way possible. She <3's Jonathan Davis like Willy Wonka <3's candy.

Fact!

I used to play in lightening storms as a child. Never got struck but I thought it was funny whereas my mom that it was crazy. Smile
avatar
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Join date : 2009-05-29
Female

Posts : 1391
Age : 28
Location : Home away from home, Virginia


http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Wow....


Fact::
I have a pretty unhealthyobvious obsession with wolves...

and the irony is....

if my birth father had stuck around...

my last name would have been Alpha up until I got married...


Last edited by Anaris on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Sighlent on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Yeah, that is pretty odd.

Fact!

My first true relationship was with someone I met online in a Roleplay. Smile
We lived by each other so it was pretty easy. But after a while it kinda got boring. As if we were trying to live out our characters, which of course never works out.
avatar
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Join date : 2009-05-29
Female

Posts : 1391
Age : 28
Location : Home away from home, Virginia


http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Fact: I have more earrings for my lobe piercings than a man ought to. I filled up a tackle box with all the crap for just two piercings, and no, I haven't gauged them beyond what I got when I first pierced. I just can't say no to jewelry.

A friend of mine said my name should be SLAW - Shops Like A Woman. Crying or Very sad


Last edited by Heyseuss on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Lol!

Fact::
I have no idea why so many people find me attractive...
I really don't.
Even now that I'm married, I still don't see it...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Sighlent on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 am

It's cause you're just too darn adorable! Like...SQUEE. Lol. Also you seem like a pretty bubbly person, like myself, so it matters alot how you carry yourself and act. Even if you don't think your beautiful your personality radiates regardless. Smile

Fact!

I played the trumpet in High School and was pretty damn good at it. Made State every year. I miss it too.
avatar
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Join date : 2009-05-29
Female

Posts : 1391
Age : 28
Location : Home away from home, Virginia


http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:20 am

FACT!: I tried out for the trumpet and was epic fail.

My grandfather was a professional musician but played the banjo. And no, he wasn't from Appalachia, he was actually a full-blooded Englishman.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Hello Danger on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:21 am

Ryona Noel wrote:Fact:
When I was very young, Jonathan Davis used to be my babysitter. To bad his band sucks...

WHAT!? Korn is cool! That use to be my jam back in the day! Razz That's awesome he use to sit for you, though.

Fact!
Use to be Straight Edge for seven years.
avatar
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-07-05
Male

Posts : 819
Age : 31
Location : in fair Verona.


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Kalon Ordona II on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 am

Fact!
I once tried to combine the Legend of Zelda and Middle-earth.

No really; I had everything. I set it in Beleriand, south of Ered Wethrin.
The land of Hyarrûl.
There was Linkûhir Huortaur and Navi Caladiel and Princess Zildae Araniel and Gaendûr Tôgwaur and Rawrui the Sage and lots more. xD
avatar
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Join date : 2009-06-30
Male

Posts : 5602
Age : 29
Location : near Seattle, Washington


http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Gadreille on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:31 am

Sighlent wrote:My sister ever heard you say that she would murder you in the most inhumane way possible. She <3's Jonathan Davis like Willy Wonka <3's candy.

Fact!

I used to play in lightening storms as a child. Never got struck but I thought it was funny whereas my mom that it was crazy. Smile

Hello Danger wrote:
Ryona Noel wrote:Fact:
When I was very young, Jonathan Davis used to be my babysitter. To bad his band sucks...

WHAT!? Korn is cool! That use to be my jam back in the day! Razz That's awesome he use to sit for you, though.

Fact!
Use to be Straight Edge for seven years.

Well, I admit I liked them in high school, especially their first couple of albums...
But when Head quit, they kind of went downhill in my eyes!

Fact:
After an awful whale-siting excursion, where 24 out of the 30 people on board were violently ill, I will never step foot on a fishing boat again. No
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Kalon Ordona II on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:23 pm

Fact!
When someone says "Thank-you," my normal response is, surprisingly, not "You're welcome."

Believe it or not, I usually just say "mm-hmm" with a nice, rising intonation.
Shocked
avatar
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Join date : 2009-06-30
Male

Posts : 5602
Age : 29
Location : near Seattle, Washington


http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Fact: I've had the same stereo for 10 years; it's a huge rack system with three foot tall speakers and the works. It's my pride and joy, as well as how I get through life sane. Because you always need the tunes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Fact: I participated (as a navigator, not a biker) in Race Across America in 2004. My team, Team Actionsports, won first place. It was an awesome experience. Living off of red bulls to stay awake and tell the bikers where to turn using a loudspeaker installed on top of a van and a gps unit to follow the course.

It was the first time I'd been to a state that didn't border California... All the way to New Jersey. Unfortunately, I only saw a lot of it at night. But what I saw, particularly West Virginia and Atlantic City, New Jersey, were amazing.

I would love to do it again. It was tremendous fun.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Whoa, that's really cool, Silvone! Sounds like a lot of fun. ^_^

Fact!
I've played through Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance no less than eight times.
I think that's my record-holder for most playthroughs of a video game. That even beats my five or six times playing Ocarina of Time! ROFL 2

I'm sure others have much more impressive playthrough records on some games, though. Laughing
avatar
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Join date : 2009-06-30
Male

Posts : 5602
Age : 29
Location : near Seattle, Washington


http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum