FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post One Random Fact About You!

+75
Forbidden
UnfortunateBountyHunter
Ununhexium
MSurber90
Mercinus3
thecolorisred
Narubia
Lyonesse
xraineyesx
SpaceWheeler2.0
Eorzea
Casey Jewels
Aya MacArthur
World Traveler
wakeangel
Attie
Kingmaker
Baker
Ethereal
Ominous Flare
fervent
Lyvee
Shadow Moonseye
Blackrock
Lieutenant BB
Cypher
Shekinah
Loki
Guilty Carrion
Sin
Bird of Hermes
Kyna
The_End
EverMan
Hisoka
HenchmenF
Bad Kitty
Frozen
NotAliceInHerWonderland
Uncommoner
6billionghosts
osacredxo
Edon
Gabe
Zovo
Game Over1375
Damion "The Shadow" Fowl
Silvan Arrow
Inerio
medusaspath
Kathryn Lacey
ImmortalSin
Sunwolf007
Squall Reyes
MoiraofWords
Shades Of Gray
Karali
Kædai
Stion Gyas
ravenroses
The Melancholy Spirit
LunarScorpio
Ragter the junior greeter
Sighlent
Eternity
ACK!
Seer
Mattipus
Hello Danger
Digital Muse
Weiss
Kalon Ordona II
Aerissa
Gadreille
Fate Flyer
79 posters

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Post One Random Fact About You! - Page 7 Empty Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Inerio Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:58 am

Heh, somehow I feel like cigarettes are my passive aggressive suicide attempt.

FACT
I stopped smoking Newports because their filters are made with fiberglass. That's like smoking a car.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post One Random Fact About You! - Page 7 Empty Re: Post One Random Fact About You!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 am

Fact: I used to smoke Gauloises. They stopped importing them, I stopped smoking cigarettes.

Well, not quite. I ran a tobacco store, so I was still smoking. But I'm all quit now, and that's despite smoking more than my share.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 am

Fact: Often, when I'm single, I smoke cigarettes and pot and occasionally drink. However, I can't date guys who do those, and I tend to go for guys who also encourage me to quit doing those things.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Random Fact

My favorite flower is snapdragons...
then roses.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Over1375 Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Random Fact about me...

I perform the caramelldansen dance live at school.
Game Over1375
Game Over1375
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 pm

I wonder how many people know what that is

FACT
I just lost the game.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:08 pm

Fact: Inerio's failure to not lose the Game has ended in my also losing the game.

Also, my feet hurt...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Fact: There is no game. Just the absence of one. And I can't lose at it!

Surprised
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zovo Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Fact: I am wearing a T-Shirt promoting a band I don't even like.
Zovo
Zovo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:04 pm

This is supposed to be a game where you tell facts about yourself.

Fact: I'm going to eat basil, rosemary, and tomato chicken and sweet potatoes soon. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 pm

That did have me in there. It said clearly I can't lose said non-existent game!

Fact: I dislike the study of history. It's tedious and repetitive.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Fact: I like in-depth discussions that include subjects which are normally very thought provoking and personal.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Fact: Is sad that most people find the subject I am majoring in (History) boring. I also blame the whole educational system and society for these multiple failures in teaching an incredibly important subject. Also History textbooks suck and should all be used for kindling.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Fact: I actually didn't mind history class as much as most people. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't really as boring as other subjects can be. It really depends on the teachers and the material. Personally, history textbooks were sort of interesting reads, and the fact that they are books means I would never set fire to one. >=(

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Hello Danger wrote:Fact: Someone once ATTEMPTED to egg me from the back window of a passing car. I say attempt because I caught the egg (without it breaking) and hurled it back into the car as it drove by. All I heard from in side the vehicle was someone shout "WHAT THE FUCK!?"

True story.
Oh look, someone else also offered up their praises to this awesome story.
Seriously though, this is about the most freak-awesome thing I've heard in quite a while! xD
Go you! cheers

Fact!
I love broccoli! Nod
I don't get how so many people hate it...

I used to hate peas, but now I'm starting to appreciate them a little.
Though I've ALWAYS loved pea soup! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Fact: I also love broccoli, but sometimes I can't eat it because it smells like rotting garbage to me. It doesn't always smell like that to me. I just noticed it a lot more during my high school years. There would be perfectly good broccoli, but it would smell terrible. No one else could ever smell it. It was only me. Maybe there's something wrong with my brain?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:30 pm

More likely some imbalance or warning from your body. Our body usually knows what's good for it (unless we get it used to bad things like nicotine or drugs or just other bad foods, maybe even the chemicals used in the modern foods of today). It can give us wrong signals if we force it to adapt to icky things, and I'm sure there are other ways as well. It's not like I'm an expert, Laughing ; that's just my guess.

Fact!
I have never read a Star Wars novel.

I know, right? affraid
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Yeah, but broccoli is really tasty, and it never gave me rotty-garbage warnings before my senior year in high school. I also have only had that warning a couple of times since. I dunno. It was unpleasant.

Fact: I enjoy both Star Trek and Star Wars, but I like the former more than the latter.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:15 am

Fact:
I am lactose intolerant Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:27 am

Me, too, but only mildly! It sucks!

Fact: I hate everything about soda.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Fact: History textbooks are written as eurocentric perspective so they cut out anything dealing with other continents. They also completely remove any controversy (Like the FBI originally being used to prosecute blacks during the 1960's civil rights movement.) History textbooks today are so filled with useless facts and skewed perspectives that it basically lies to the youth of America.

Fact: I hate being lied to.

(Sorry it was a rant that had been building for a day and a half)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:04 pm

I don't like soda much either.

Fact, in Ninjas Vs. Pirates Scenario, I almost always side with pirates unless it's 25 cent ninjas.

Edit: @Sunwolf: When I learned that, I used it as justification for my not paying attention in history class ^_^

I still can't get over how the massacre of Native Americans is virtually ignored, while we spend half a quarter or more on slavery.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Well, of course there are skewed views written about history. You'll always have that. Even if they skip over the controversy, there's still the basic truth beneath it about wars and such. I mean... They aren't lying about the signing of the Declaration of Independence or any of that. They just sort of skip over some of the details. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that's even if they do try to pull the wool over students' eyes, there is a bit of truth to it.

Fact: Halloween is my favorite holiday, even above my birthday.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Halloween is my favorite holiday too!

Fact:
Hockey is my favorite sport, but I do not route for the Red Wings like everyone else in the damn galaxy...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Zovo Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Well, of course there are skewed views written about history. You'll always have that. Even if they skip over the controversy, there's still the basic truth beneath it about wars and such. I mean... They aren't lying about the signing of the Declaration of Independence or any of that. They just sort of skip over some of the details. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that's even if they do try to pull the wool over students' eyes, there is a bit of truth to it.

Fact: Halloween is my favorite holiday, even above my birthday.

the thing is, in a basic educational scenario (ie: High School) you can't really spend alot of time on all the little details and controversies. You need to get the big facts and the big picture, then later once you understand those points, you can learn about all of histories sub-plots in the proper context.

What's the point of learning all the minor details if you don't understand the larger context ot which they pertain. History books don't "lie to you," but yeah, alot of stuff gets left out for logistics. A basic understanding of hostory is all most people need, or even want; leave the little bits to those pursuing higher learning.

FACT: I quoted the wrong person.
Zovo
Zovo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Fact: I like the television show Heroes.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:09 pm

I like Heroes too! They stole that idea from me though! I swear I came up with a similar idea for a TV series when I was like 14! What a rip! Razz

Fact: I scored 4 touchdowns tonight at Flag Football practice!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Aww. Poor you. Now you'll just have to get extra creative with your scripts and ideas.

Fact: I really like Sylar from Heroes, but Hiro Nakamura was my favorite in the first season, and he's still my favorite this season, but I'm not very far, and this is only the second season. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:48 am

Trust me only watch the first two seasons. After that they lost their way and with all kinds of plot holes and bad characters later are still on the air. Yet I can't stop watching. Is there something wrong with me?

Fact: I don't believe in a basic historical knowledge in high school. In fact history class should be used to teach critical thinking and also teach the details behind each significant even in history. That way it teaches high school students to think for themselves and to pull together ideas.

Fact: I have ranted to much about history this week. I will try to do better next week.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 am

Fact:

I am a HUGE Heroes fan and I will not ruin anything for those who are behind but OMG this new season is AMAZING so far! Very Happy
Yes...I love Sylar...and his Sybrows. :3
They make me a giddy school girl.

@Sunwolf :: I agree. I own all three seasons and season 3 [Villains and Fugitives- which should have been 2 separate seasons] does get very confusing and leaves you going "wtf?" a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next