FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the blog

3 posters

Go down

About the blog Empty About the blog

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:02 am

I noticed a strange flaw.

Normally in a topic, when new content is added, it is bumped to the top of the list. This is not true with blogs. Blog order in the list is solely dependent on when the blog was created.

I don't know why, or if this can be changed.

[shameless plug]My blog is updated by the way.[/shameless plug]
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

About the blog Empty Re: About the blog

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:12 am

I don't believe so. The Blog feature is very new to Forumotion. In the past if you wanted a blog to go with your forum you would just have to link it and ask users to sign up yet again for another site with another domain.

Today though administrators of forumotion boards are free to experiment with the blog feature to their hearts content, but its flexibility is greatly limited. The Blog "category" is similar in construct to a forum category, however its functions differ greatly in regards to "bumping".

In order for others to be able to see when you've updated your blog, I recommend that you edit your "Status" to include the last edit date in your blog.

Perhaps Fate can make a field for this? *wink wink*

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:40 am

I noticed that about the Blog category as well. I'm not sure why exactly they [Forumotion] made it that way, but that is just how it functions. However, there are icons next to each blog, just as there are the icons next to each forum, and they turn blue if anything new is posted inside the blog. So, right now, that is the main indication to find blog posts that are new.

I'll ask onenitedrive though if he has any control over how the blog works, but I doubt it.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Nope, we don't have control over it Laughing much like the rest of the forum. After actually seeing it used, in my opinion the blog function is setup up very poorly. It's a new feature from forumotion and I hope they improve it. Right now it's set up as though it was for only one person's blog.

Right now - Each topic is a separate blog for each person and replies are new entries and comments.

How it should work - Image that you had the entire sub-forum for your own personal blog and each new topic would be a new entry and replies were comments. Obviously we can't make sub-forums for each member, so there needs to be a way to create new entries in the blog and have them be separate from comments as well as bump the blog to the top.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:54 pm

I noticed that when you post something new, it does show up in the 'New Posts' for a day like other posts.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down