The World Ends With You

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The World Ends With You

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:08 pm

For shame guys, for shame, an entertainment section and no TWEWY? :p kidding, kidding, I just had to say that though.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know what TWEWY is, however unlikely that may be by now, it's about a kid who's lost his memories, that gets dumped into an odd game called the Reaper's Game. This game takes place in the UG, existing in the same place as the RG, or Real Ground, but the RG can't see Reapers, which are those that create Noise. Speaking of which, they can't see Noise, which are basically monsters that attack you, or Players, whom are the ones that play the game. At first, it isn't known why Neku, the kid, is playing this game or what the game is even for, but at the end of the first half of the week, it's finally discovered why exactly the game is being played.

No, I'm not going to elaborate further then that, since that might go into spoiler territory Smile

Anyways...what do you all think of it, and what's your favorites in it? I'll list mine

Favorite....

Pin: Murasame, Masamune
Shop: Wild Boar
Boss: Sho Minamimoto(Taboo Noise form)
NPC: Kariya
Playable character: Joshua
Food Item: DEF Tablets, or whatever they're called
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Ends With You

Post by Anemone on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:For shame guys, for shame, an entertainment section and no TWEWY? :p kidding, kidding, I just had to say that though.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know what TWEWY is, however unlikely that may be by now, it's about a kid who's lost his memories, that gets dumped into an odd game called the Reaper's Game. This game takes place in the UG, existing in the same place as the RG, or Real Ground, but the RG can't see Reapers, which are those that create Noise. Speaking of which, they can't see Noise, which are basically monsters that attack you, or Players, whom are the ones that play the game. At first, it isn't known why Neku, the kid, is playing this game or what the game is even for, but at the end of the first half of the week, it's finally discovered why exactly the game is being played.

No, I'm not going to elaborate further then that, since that might go into spoiler territory Smile

Anyways...what do you all think of it, and what's your favorites in it? I'll list mine

Favorite....

Pin: Murasame, Masamune
Shop: Wild Boar
Boss: Sho Minamimoto(Taboo Noise form)
NPC: Kariya
Playable character: Joshua
Food Item: DEF Tablets, or whatever they're called

Kariya ftw...... FT-FREAKIN-W
Hanekoma for President 2012!!!!! *hands out pins*
Food item of choice: Viper Drink. Atk+6, and 40% Sync. I believe the american name is steroids....

D+B... my choice... too bad its got no pins...

I'm a big fan of the Lolita Bat pin...

I know every detail of the story from memory.

Just try me. those 200+ hours pay off.
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:33 am

Just try you? well, let's see then

What was Neku's third entry fee?

Btw, D+B does have pins, like the Sexy+ pin. As for Lolita Bat..I just got it, and it is pretty kickass.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:50 am

The other Players. Chosen by Konoshi herself as it is hinted at.

What is the noise plane referred to ala week 2, day 7 upon clearing pork city 1st floor.
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 am

God that's obscure....Uh, sheesh, I'unno? I'd say Hell, but I doubt that's right...

After collecting all the Secret Reports, what is Mr. H revealed as?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:59 am

Sanea Hanekoma is revealed to be the one who taught Sho about Taboo noise, and is considered a Fallen Angel as a result. This refers to only Mr.H in this parrallel, and he was using Sho as a backup of sorts to ensure Shibuya's survival in case Neku was erased.

Imaginary number plane, as its vibe rating, when transferred to numerical form is an endless decimal.

Nao's nicknames for Neku and Joshua?

What Beat says his reason is for breaking off attacking neku week 2, day 3, Towa Records?
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:09 am

Huh...Imaginary number plane, god it was just out of reach...

Okay, first question..

God, I feel pathetic Anemone, but I really don't remember Sad I need to brush up on this stuff again by playing through the story one more time...

I think I know the second question though, I believe he said it's because it was no fun erasing weak players, or that he would erase Neku when he actually put up a challenge, something like that...

What attack did Sho use to 'wipe' out himself and Joshua?

What color was Rhyme in Another Day?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:14 am

Level i Flare, a refrence to Bahemut from Final Fantasy.

Nekky, and Josh-josh

"yo Psychs is limp, yo!" as quoted from Beat

Rhyme was black.

I'm sorry... but I do know EVERY detail about the Game.
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:15 am

Wow you're good at this Anemone Smile I don't think I could come up with a question that you don't know off the top of your head.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:19 am

Hehe, 200+ hours. 6000+ erasures.
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:28 am

6000...sheesh, I'm at...B or A rank, I dunno, I just know it says Composer or Conductor, one of those two..

What rank are you at? o_O
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:38 am

Angel.
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Wow...congrats on that. I just remembered, I'm somewhere in the 6000+ points range...I'll have to check to be sure.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:01 pm

I expected a lot from this game, seeing it scored a '9' at Gamespot, hearing everything talk about it as being the best game on DS ever, blahblahblah... and so I bought it and... hated it.

I think boring is the best way to describe what I think about this game. The way the game was endlessly repeating itself... I think I quit playing after finishing 2/3 of the game, by then I was really done with it. I was still hoping the game would change over time, but it didn't and the lack of freedom in walking around was another part of the game I didn't really like, so yeah...

But if you liked this guys, you should really try Devil Survivor too. It's kind of the same gameplay, except from using both screens as a battle stage, but the way of walking and going through the game reminded me a lot of TWEWY.
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Devil Survivor? I think I heard about it..but it seemed much more hectic than TWEWY, so I decided against getting it...

How similar is it? I mean, how do you battle? I kind of forgot, it's been a while since I read about it.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Well, that's where the games differ the most. In TWEWY you use your stylus, but in DS you don't use it. At all. DS is actually more like a classic turn based rpg, with that difference that you basically have just three turns in one battle: one turn for every character, with the possibility of gaining an extra turn when you, for example, hit an enemy's weakness. If you don't kill off your enemy in the 6 turns you have at max, then you can try again once it's your turn to initiate a battle again or when your enemy initiates a battle with you again.

You can choose between attack, defend and special skill as I recall it and you can set the special skills as you like it. You don't have unlimited use of them in your battles, you have to set them before you enter a battle. Unless you're satisfied with the ones you already set of course.

That's kinda it I guess!
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:48 pm

TWEWY was meant to repeat on itself. Its main themes are the effect of routine, social interaction, and human growth.

Week 3, the typical routine is removed, and day 7, the partner is removed. The effects on Neku's psyche are very clear. There art style of TWEWY all perfectly matched the atmosphere.

Devil survivor... from what I saw of it, no thanks, i'll stick to my Etrian Odessey 2 and Luminous Arc.
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:00 am

Yeah, I didn't like Etrian Odessey either, so never tried 2.

I know the idea behind TWEWY but it just didn't grip me. But the art style was indeed awesome! I think this is a game that you either love or hate. But, even though I didn't like it, I can't say it sucked in it's purpose, because it didn't. Plus TWEWY makes absolutely good use of the capabilities of the DS, instead of many other rpg games on that platform. It's just that I got bored with it Smile
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Well, I can see how that can happen, considering that most of the missions involve eliminating Noise...
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: